ALWAYS Read the lable

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On Wednesday evenings I have to do about 2 hours worth of walking to get to a rehearsal and back. Today I forgot to bring any water. I nipped into sainsbury's on the way, and grabbed a bottle. They only had flavoured water but I thought that would be fine. I drank it as I went and thought nothing more. I just got home and tested my bloodsugars. They were 22.5. I was horrified. I only eat low carb, so a 9 or 10 is high for me. I couldn't explain it. But when I looked at the waters nutrition, the culprit was confirmed. This was not water with a bit of sweetener. It was water with sugar. I had drunk all 750ml, which had given me 35g of sugar. That's more than I usually have all day. Stupid stupid stupid stupid! I had forgotten what it felt like to be this high. I hope not to remember again any time soon when I finally get back to normal blood sugars.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I had drunk all 750ml, which had given me 35g of sugar. That's more than I usually have all day. Stupid stupid stupid stupid! I had forgotten what it felt like to be this high.
Sorry to hear you got caught out like that.
Personally I think the so called flavoured waters are labelled in a very misleading way and some of the leading brands are the leading culprits.

Reactions: 4 people

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you got caught out like that.
Personally I think the so called flavoured waters are labelled in a very misleading way and some of the leading brands are the leading culprits.
It's my own fault really, I should not have assumed. I'm just going to decide that if I had not bought that particular bottle, I would have walked in a slightly different way and been hit by a lorry/bear.