Am I being impatient or unreasonable about my hba1c results??

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So a week later I still hadn't heard anything. I rang the surgery and asked to speak to the Practice Manager. I was told she was unavailable but would ring me back. She rang the next day and I explained that I had requested online access to my records last September, and again 3 weeks ago but still no access. she said she would speak to the doctor. She did ring back 15 minutes later and said the doctor had agreed the access, and she would be giving me access.
I checked the next day and I do indeed have access now. Quite interesting to see various graphs and historical diagnoses. Apparently I was diagnosed with depression at 14 - I didn't know that! I thought I first had it when I was 33. Explains a lot.
My cholesterol ratio figures have improved but the total cholesterol has only dropped from 6.1 last September to 5.8 now.
I won't be making an appointment to discuss this with my GP as I know she will only want me to go back on statins, and I will refuse, so we would both be wasting our time.
I'll see her when my next HbA1c is due in September.

Reactions: Brunneria

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You know this makes me wonder if the policy I was told about at our surgery - medical records won't be available online, only medication - is actually made up by the people I spoke to to shut me up. Might write to the practice manager to check.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So a week later I still hadn't heard anything. I rang the surgery and asked to speak to the Practice Manager. I was told she was unavailable but would ring me back. She rang the next day and I explained that I had requested online access to my records last September, and again 3 weeks ago but still no access. she said she would speak to the doctor. She did ring back 15 minutes later and said the doctor had agreed the access, and she would be giving me access.
I checked the next day and I do indeed have access now. Quite interesting to see various graphs and historical diagnoses. Apparently I was diagnosed with depression at 14 - I didn't know that! I thought I first had it when I was 33. Explains a lot.
My cholesterol ratio figures have improved but the total cholesterol has only dropped from 6.1 last September to 5.8 now.
I won't be making an appointment to discuss this with my GP as I know she will only want me to go back on statins, and I will refuse, so we would both be wasting our time.
I'll see her when my next HbA1c is due in September.
Could you have been put on a med at 14 @Prem51 ? Some antidepressants were accused of causing diabetes. Just a thought!
I do wonder if everyone is prediabetic at the begining?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Could you have been put on a med at 14 @Prem51 ? Some antidepressants were accused of causing diabetes. Just a thought!
No I wasn't told I had depression or given any form of treatment. I remember being prescribed Valium when I was 17 for 'nerves', but I only took them for a few days as they didn't seem to have any effect. I didn't know then that you had to take anti-depressants for a few weeks before they built up in your body and started to work.

Last edited: