Am lost and no idea where to start..HELP...

I have been pre-diabetic for quite a few years, sometimes under and sometimes over, the last 2 blood tests were 7.2 so i asked my doctor for a third..thats come back today and ive been told to make routine appointment...doctor says i have type 2
here's my problem i am allergic to all sweetners and am also Wheat/Gluten intolerant....i have to cut down on fats as my cholestrol is to high... when i was 55 i had a stroke thats when they discovered i had A.P.S. (sticky blood) so am onwafarin for life,which means i have to be careful with anything with to much vitamin K...i also have had injection for low Vitamin D, although my calcium level is good and no sign of Osteporosis.....
I am over weight and was put on those fat busting diet pills by my doctor, i stopped after a week because i felt so ill and in pain... it took a year for my liver to get back to normal, but the least thing will set it off again...at the moment i am on cholestrol tablet but as i knew it would my cholestrol has gone down, liver tests have all gone up...
Ive had high blood pressure since i was 41, and been on tablets for that ever since...i am now 62..and am fed up of feeling so tired out and unwell... its just that i dont know where to start... food wise i am lost for ideas... anyone got similar? :( :(

Vera Bout

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, you can get much help and advice on this site as everyone is in the same boat as you are and the majority can tell you how you get to control you diabetes. I have recently started insulin and after doing so feel so much better as i was constantly tired before and felt drained, my sugar levels are beginning to come under control but i have a little way to go yet but I will get there. Good luck with this and you will get there in the end.

AileenF

Hi Jean, I know how you feel Mrs. I was pre - diabetic for few years and only started on metformin and atorvastatin in january. Been feeling exhausted and **** since. Got my bloods rechecked today and made an appointment for nurse next week. As I was fasting I didnt take my metformin this morning, on two tabs per day, one after breakfast and dinner. I actually felt better today because i missed that one dose. Going to do that till next week and see if I still feel better. See what happens when i see the nurse next wed.

Aileen xxx

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Do you have sugar instead of those sweeteners or do you just do without? I'm surprised you are allergic to all sweeteners as they vary so much in chemical composition? I can understand how difficult it must be with the restrictions your current health conditions impose. Do you at least have unsaturated fats such as fish etc? Reducing weight to the right BMI is important for all of us. Statins are a known source of trouble for many so do discuss changing the tablet type if you think these may be adding to your problems. I assume you have looked at the various websites for those who are gluten intolerant for dietary ideas. Perhaps you can give us some idea of what a typical day's meals are currently so people can put forward some suggestions bearing in mind your health constraints.

This is about the 4th different statin ive been put on and they all upset my liver(which is non alcoholic fatty liver)ive tried sacharrinen ,splenda etc.. at the moment i am using fructose sugar in my drinks..1 small teaspoon ..always look for unsaturated fat.. i avoid fried food, i have an actifry which i cook my chips in....i steam a lot of my veg...
forgot to mention i have an underactive thyroid, also have had gall bladder out...
I eat brown seeded Gluten free bread..usually have 2 pices of toast in the morning with low fat spread and a teaspoon of marmalade..i need something on the bread as it tends to be very dry...i sometimes have a sandwich for dinner, sometimes go without and other times have a lot more....wonder if it would be a good idea to write down everything i eat/drink in a day..ive got a few books on Gluten free cooking ive also got a few on the G.I.Diet...but a good lot of the recipes in the G I Diet books use stuff with gluten in...my doctor had me do a month dairy free in case that was causing me trouble..but it wasnt that...
thanks for all your comments :)