amaryl is not helping me at all , why

sohailgagai

why after taking amaryl i get more problems like confusion , numbness , more weakness , more sleepy ,back pain neck pain??? why its bad as if i dont take amaryl i took 2 mg
doc has given me 2 mg two times 20 min before meal
what should i do , pls advice ....
ok i will go to doc but advice me

Unbeliever

It might be interactting wih something else you are taking or maybe you need to take it at a different time..
It also depends on how long you have been taking it .

I definitely would go to the doctor if I were you. Were you prescribed 2mg initially and then your doctor increased the dose because i didn't seem to be working?

That happened to nme and I ended up aking 6mg a day which did nothing but cause me to feel hungry ,sick and cold all the time. I read somewhere that noone knows if a higher dose is any better than a standard dose. I now take !mg after suggesting his to my doctor , and it is more effecibve than the 6mg,

Of course everyone is different and you must speakt to your doctor. Are these symptoms litsed on the insert to the medication?

When I first took it it had a weird effect on my eyes but noone believed me. It migh be something as simple as changing how you take it but your doctor may have given you the advice to take it then for a reason.I know it is intended to be taken before meals,

sohailgagai

Where I live the doctors are nuts they don't have much knowledge that's why I need help
You mention 6 mg works better than 1 that's really strange !!!
He gave me 8 mg daily in 2 times which put me on bed and I was vegetable for a month
Then I left the meds and I feel better !!!
Now again I left 2 mg and today I feel better thanks to GOD
I think I will try 1 mg daily in the morning before meal ok tell me how you take it
Remember I m newly diagnosed !!!

Unbeliever

Yes I know you are newly diagnosed and I am not medically qualified and therefore hesitae to advise you on your medicaion. Could be hat you are having some hypo symptoms which could be caused by he combination of the amaryl and any other medicaion.
We all have to work out the best way to do these hings for ourselves. I was fortunate enough - for a short time- to have a Gop very eperienced in diabetes who le me ake hings when it suited me.
Could possibly be that 20 mins ids a too long before you eat but as I said here may be other facors o be comnsidered. Strong suff amaryl - must be trated with respect but my eperience with it at first was hat It worked almost too well. you have o work this out wih the GP iaking everything into account.
Sorry I can't be of more help but it would be irresponsible of me. Good luck wih it all.