Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ding ding!!!

Out of the bad zone. Yay.

I'll take a look tomorrow. I'll go with my gut.

262posts!!!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I went to Waitrose to replenish my avocado stash today. They had avocados from different countries on offer.
The baby avocados from Peru. Perfectly Ripe (x2) Avocados from Chile. 2 ripe + 2 ripen at home avocados from Peru. And larger avocados from South Africa.
I bought the Perfectly Ripe Avocados from Chile - I haven't had any from Chile before, and one larger South African avocado. :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The ones I had from chili were very good. I think peru season is almost over. I have the choice of MX or chili at Costco. I bought the MX as they were the right size but wouldn't hesitate to get chili. They might seem a little butterier. Not sure I'll ever see South African in this neck of the woods!! Let me know how they are!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I had a standard sized South African avocado before. It was very much like the Mexican ones I've tried, a bit more delicate taste than the Peruvian. I'll see what this larger one is like.

D

Deleted member 308541

All of the rain (350 mm>) we had in the last couple of days will help the avo growers with their irrigation woes, as it will help all of the other small crop, sugar cane, and macadamia growers.

We are right of our favourites, but it's shopping day tomorrow, so will stock up again with avo goodness.

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was happy to see most produce prices going down and not up with all our hurricanes. Avo had gone down too!!! Yay!

D

Deleted member 308541

Picked up a couple of bags of awkward avo's yesterday they had gone up in price to $9.00 with eight in the bag.

Single's were $3.50 each.

Will not be able to eat any yet as they pretty firm still, Sunday at the earliest I reckon.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Picked up a couple of bags of awkward avo's yesterday they had gone up in price to $9.00 with eight in the bag.

Single's were $3.50 each.

Will not be able to eat any yet as they pretty firm still, Sunday at the earliest I reckon.
Mine are $8 for 6. Thought they'd go up with all we have going on with weather. Still great and good sized. Though some are expensive, some are not. I eat on regardless!!

D

Deleted member 308541

Tried the avo's yesterday, excellent round pip ones the ones we tried, they seem to to taste better when unrefrigerated.

Woolies are running an advert on TV for new seasons West Australian avo's coming shortly to Queensland. Should help to keep the price down abit.

Picked up a bag of these mini mandas when we went shopping, they're great segmented with Greek Yoghurt.

rGWaVEK.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried the avo's yesterday, excellent round pip ones the ones we tried, they seem to to taste better when unrefrigerated.

Woolies are running an advert on TV for new seasons West Australian avo's coming shortly to Queensland. Should help to keep the price down abit.

Picked up a bag of these mini mandas when we went shopping, they're great segmented with Greek Yoghurt.

rGWaVEK.jpg
Looks like what we call clementines and they were great when I ate fruit.

I edxpectrd avos and all produce to go sky high after all our hurricanes but prices dropped!! Still great MX fro Costco. 6 for $8 and weighting ave of 8 oz each. I'll take the tequila , lime, salt and avo thank you!

D

Deleted member 308541

Looks like what we call clementines and they were great when I ate fruit.
I have never seen mandarins sold under that name here, just the usual mandarins, oranges, grapefruit and fugli fruit. I think there is a tangelo that is making an appearance here as well.

I used to know someone called Clementine, but cannot remember where and my partner cannot either. Old age is a fair ****** at times.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Restocked today. Waitrose had a multinational range of avocados from Peru, Chile, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.
I bought some 'Perfectly Ripe Avocados' from Tanzania, and one large avocado from Zimbabwe.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Restocked today. Waitrose had a multinational range of avocados from Peru, Chile, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.
I bought some 'Perfectly Ripe Avocados' from Tanzania, and one large avocado from Zimbabwe.
Any favorites? I'm still mostly finding MX. Yesterday busted open a light gray one. Over to the hubby. He doesn't mind that. Yuk. Wonder what it is? Other than that all have been great. A few tiny spots here and there but nothing major.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So far I prefer the Peru avocados. All the others have a similar, more delicate taste. The Peru ones seem to have a deeper creamier taste. It might be just that I am more used to them. The avocados I buy fro Waitrose have all been of good quality wherever they are from.

D

Deleted member 308541

You both seem to get a good variety of avocados where you both live.

Australia having strict quarantine laws stops a lot of choice, New Zealand is our only supplier as they have pest free fresh produce that has been checked out over the years.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Australia having strict quarantine laws stops a lot of choice, New Zealand is our only supplier as they have pest free fresh produce that has been checked out over the years.
Our variety is thinning. Back to mostly MX. Some Chilean here and there but not many. I donfind a slight difference in texture and creaminess from different origins but most important is busting a beautiful one open each morning.
I didn't care for the looks of the gray one!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Our variety is thinning. Back to mostly MX. Some Chilean here and there but not many. I donfind a slight difference in texture and creaminess from different origins but most important is busting a beautiful one open each morning.
I didn't care for the looks of the gray one!

D

Deleted member 308541

I had to go to the shopping centre yesterday to pick up my Digoxin tablets that I forgot to get last week.

Wandered across to Aldi to get a $15.00 top up for my mobile phone, and had a look the fruit and veggie section. The Avo's did not look real flash so I did not get any.