• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
From avocados on special offer... to same sex marriages, in just sixteen pages. I love this forum! :p

D

Deleted member 308541

From avocados on special offer... to same sex marriages, in just sixteen pages. I love this forum! :p
That what I like about this thread, I have the Australian national colours green and gold now in my avatar, but i did have the rainbow colours.

Just to keep it about avocados the green is a bit avo colour.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No bags of Avo's on sale yesterday, but got some nice one's that came from NZ at $3.00 each.

Have not tried them yet as they are still pretty firm.

team-avocado.png

http://www.kauripak.co.nz/
I just picked up some more MX. 6 large for $8!!! Those no are pricy!!
Hi @edfrancis and welcome to the forum. Good to see another avocado fan on here! :)
how did I miss a new avo fan???

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I'm binning one out of every two Lidl's avocados lately... not impressed.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm binning one out of every two Lidl's avocados lately... not impressed.
I’d return. Let them look at the mush. I don’t return often but when it’s never ending and pricy I do. Never had a problem. My MX have been awesome. Knocking on wood. Seasons and regions change.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That what I like about this thread, I have the Australian national colours green and gold now in my avatar, but i did have the rainbow colours.

Just to keep it about avocados the green is a bit avo colour.
I'm red/green colour blind and that looks like a muddy brown to me.
I preferred the rainbow colours.

Last edited:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It wasn't nasty, but might have been advertising a book in the link.
Oh. Not good.
We have really nice Mexican avocados here right now.
4 for 5 CND$
Couple should be ripe in the next two days.

Excellent. Nothing better than busting open a beauty. It’s the simple things in life....haha

7 ripe in the fridge and 6 just starting.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh. Not good.

Excellent. Nothing better than busting open a beauty. It’s the simple things in life....haha

7 ripe in the fridge and 6 just starting.
In the last three years I think I e gone two, maybe three days without but they were not consecutive days haha. I just miss them and they make me feel so good. For me it’s only about flavor. It’s about energy and bg. They keep both steady all day. Though of course I do love that creamy goodness!

D

Deleted member 308541

It wasn't nasty, but might have been advertising a book in the link.
It must have been because he was a new member, and he was moderated down.

I'm red/green colour blind and that looks like a muddy brown to me.
I preferred the rainbow colours.

When the results are announced for the same sex marriage postal survey, I will put it back for a few days.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So avo is back on the bf menu. I was taking ,ore insulin for it so I switched to turkey mustard mayo lettuce wrap. Keeping avo at other meals.
If I just eat protein is spike as nad a carbs and as fast. If I just eat avo and take insulin I drop. So all my meals with the exception of my recent bf change all contain protein and avo

According to calorie king 2oz ( about 1/3 ) contains 5 g carbs. We don’t subtract fiber here and I’m happy about that as it doesn’t work for me. I need to count all carbs. So I’m thinking just smashing less in my wraps. The problem is I’m dropping too low without the magical avo. I’m thinking the avo slows the protein and the protein slows the avo. Shouldn’t come as a surprise as a meal with out one or the other never works for me. Either spike or hypo.

I’m happy to have it back at bf!!!!!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's funny I go through phases. I can eat one every day and then I'm done for a week or so.
I was eating one almost every day over the summer, but haven't had one for a few days now. I think the weather affects my avocado consumption.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was eating one almost every day over the summer, but haven't had one for a few days now. I think the weather affects my avocado consumption.

Same for me, except it's been more than a few days since I last had the lovely avo - hence not contributing here for a while. They were good for ages and could safely be bought and kept to ripen well at home, then gradually (in my location), I couldn't find any that stayed good for more than a day or two at most before going 'off'. I can't afford to keep throwing away stuff that's a bit on the expensive side in the first place.
Now I'm thinking that I'll trying sticking to proper "seasonal" foods like we used to have when I was a kid.

ps. but I do miss my daily treat, so might just venture into avo-land again if I find any temptingly just right :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51