And so it begins!!

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
I start my low carb diet today in a bid to lose weight and reduce my insulin needs im doing 15 minutes of exercise a day and having bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and salad for lunch and a meat and veg dish for dinner im thinking 1 jaffa cake a day for something chocolatey mmmmmmm jaffa cakes

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck Cupcake:)

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thinking about going that way myself, I used to very low carb before I was diagnosed ( for 3 years), but when I got insulin I was told I had to have carbs. And so very willingly went back to them. But, obviously know different now. Hope you keep us posted as to how you get on. You might convince me to try again. Good luck!

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
good luck to you hope it goes well xx

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Will you take insulin for the protein in your diet? If so, how do you how much to take?

Good luck!

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
I use the carbs and cals app and add up the carbs on there then add up the protein and divide that by 2 normally and add that to the carbs thats what a few people in here do although which scrambled egg and bacon or some thing like chicken and avacado salad i havent taken any but checked a couple of hours later in 5 days i have been able to reduce my carb ratios back down to 10g to 1 unit and my back ground from 21units to 18units at night and 19units to 16units in the day still need to decrease my night time as still going low in the night

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hope it goes well, all the best:)