Animas vibe equipment help

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've come away from home. I had spare infusion sets and cartridges for my animas vibe. I've had to unexpectedly change more often than I'd hoped. I have one left for change on Sunday, but am now nervous in case I need another. Is there anyone in the Dorchester/Bridport area who could lend me a cartridge and inset ii infusion set IF I need it? (Probably won't, but just in case). Many thanks in advance.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @Poosecat

tagging the lovely @Juicyj as she is on a FB group that shares this sort of info.

hopefully you have all your pens as back up if required ?????

wishing you the best
himtoo xxxxxx

Reactions: Poosecat

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! I have a back up pen. Just had a couple of toddler accidents whilst away over Christmas. Quite new to this so I reckon next time I'll take 5 more than I think I need. Then I might be covered!

Reactions: himtoo

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If a toddler is pulling your tubing then roll it up like a pipe and tape it also tape the end nearest the cannula as this will take the pressure of any pull. Those sets cost roughly £10 each .Other option is tuck the tubing in your knickers out of the way

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If a toddler is pulling your tubing then roll it up like a pipe and tape it also tape the end nearest the cannula as this will take the pressure of any pull. Those sets cost roughly £10 each .Other option is tuck the tubing in your knickers out of the way
I thank you very much for your advice. I already feel like a compete **** and strain on the NHS, but cheers for the reminder....did you really have to slip that in? I'm not an idiot, and I'm very aware of what I cost the tax payer

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I thank you very much for your advice. I already feel like a compete **** and strain on the NHS, but cheers for the reminder....did you really have to slip that in? I'm not an idiot, and I'm very aware of what I cost the tax payer
hi @Poosecat
you are not a strain on the NHS -- far from it -- as a young lady you are the future and one of the people that help to keep our NHS afloat through NI contributions. People that knowingly don't look after themselves are the drain...............................
do not let anyone tell you otherwise