Annoying difference in Codefree strips

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been kind of confused recently as my general BG results have been higher than usual, about 1.5 - 2 mmol higher. I've been very low carb recently, so I've been flummoxed on how to keep reducing carbs when there's nothing much to take out. I'd started to be resigned to the idea that I just generally hang out at around 7.6 and that is my life and proof that something is going on, and that maybe I should bring up medication to my GP at the next visit.

Started a new box of strips today and... past three pre-meal readings have all been around 5.8. Which is my normal.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have found the same and posted here about it way back last year sometime. I was advised to contact them, which I did and they sent me a replacement box free of charge.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This has always been the case with Codefree strips. Each new tub can be different, not always, but occasionally you will see a rogue tub. When I was using them, I always put a note on my personal records when I started a new tub. I also checked the batch numbers on them, because you occasionally get a whole batch that can be inconsistent. This, however, is rare. A phone call to Home Health may be worthwhile if there is a significant difference.