Another accident

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had another car accident today... seriously about to lose my marbles soon I think. I was on my way from my doc to my pharmacy when it happened. I'm already feeling unwell and now have another dose of whiplash. I only just finished treatment for the last car accident end of August. This time same thing, I was rear ended. I really wish people would stop rear ending me... oh wait is that a big ask? My diabetes is all over the shop as had a spasm attack this week, bad day yesterday with suspected infection which I had to hand another test in for today. I need a break from all the icky stuff.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Just had another car accident today...

Very sorry to hear that, I hope that you will feel more like your good old self as soon as possible.

In the meantime can you do us all a favour and tell us where you live . . . . . . . . sounds like 2 bad drivers near you at least.

Reactions: Mep

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
that is very unlucky.....where you stopped at lights..?

Yes, I was at a traffic light intersection waiting to turn left. The light had only just changed green and traffic about to move when I was hit.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Very sorry to hear that, I hope that you will feel more like your good old self as soon as possible.

In the meantime can you do us all a favour and tell us where you live . . . . . . . . sounds like 2 bad drivers near you at least.

It's Ok, I'm not in UK. I live in West Australia. I must say I'm a bit worried with how many times I've been rear ended... people must be blind as bats around here.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Try driving a bit faster that way they can't hit you. Lol

A bit hard to do when I'm at a full stop. lol. These people are hitting me when I'm not even moving. They clearly just are not looking where they're going or they're misjudging their braking distance. I'd say today was the latter because the roads were slippery from first day of rain after quite a few dry days.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope your not too sore.

May be if you now have to get a new car you get one of these!

images.jpg

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope things improve for you. It seems like you're going through a tough patch at the moment.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your not too sore.

May be if you now have to get a new car you get one of these!

View attachment 20993
Doesn't help. A friend of ours made a hobby of collecting patrol car bumper stickers while they were parked at traffic lights. Until they took him off the roads that is. Seems 'jam sandwiches' become invisible when stationary or running a radar speed trap.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You've certainly had your fair share of bad luck @Mep , if it's any consolation the drivers here in the UK are no better :rolleyes:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are you feeling now? Is the neck really painful?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
'twasn't a 'white van man' was it? They have a reputation for being "amber gamblers" ;) :D

Sorry for your troubles, @Mep; hope you recover soon :nurse:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SSSSSsssssssshhhhh - Oz must be asleep by now.............

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The other way round here .Single occupant cars pull away at traffic lights or round about then slam on the brakes and claim for 5 cases of whiplash !!!
CAROL

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Lots and lots of bubble wrap on your car :p Hope you are feeling better soon.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you feeling now? Is the neck really painful?

I'm real sore. I just saw a work doc today in regard to my spasm attacks. Before the consult ended he checked my neck and back and said "you're hard as a rock". lol. I said yeh well I only had the accident yesterday afternoon. I'll be seeing my GP on Monday to just get checked and get a physio referral I think.

Edit: I should say more than sore, I've got nerve pain shooting everywhere at the moment.... down both arms and down my left leg. I'm sitting here with 3 heat packs and an ice pack. I'm really not sure what to target first. Weirdly I have nerve pain quite bad where my lower oesophageal sphincter is located so every time I move I get sharp pain shooting and it's burning. My bladder is angry. I'm waddling like a penguin when I walk from the pain. Ok I'll stop now... basically I'm a bit of a mess and hoping to goodness I don't seize up completely. I'll be seeing my GP on Monday so will rest up this weekend and take a few hot showers and keep rotating heat and ice packs.

Last edited: