Another Study

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if anyone has already posted this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45195474

I have a few problems with it. It's an epidemiological study that relies on people filling in a questionnaire and nobody lies about what they eat and drink do they? (Nurse: Ask what he drinks and double it).

The results are given in terms of obesity and longevity with not a diabetic in sight. This is happening all over at the moment. A diet which is useful for blood sugar control has been hi-jacked by overweight people and been called a fad diet by some.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A diet which is useful for blood sugar control has been hi-jacked by overweight peopl
I dont see a problem with any dieted being used by anyone if its useful to them. Many overweight people may have pre-pre-diabetic insulin resistance and it will help them to not go on to develop full blown type 2 diabetes.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont see a problem with any dieted being used by anyone if its useful to them. Many overweight people may have pre-pre-diabetic insulin resistance and it will help them to not go on to develop full blown type 2 diabetes.
I have no problem with anyone eating whatever they like but it is being regarded as a fad weight loss diet by some and could lose credibility because of it. I am happy for diabetics, pre-diabetics etc to use it since that is its prime use but the article did not mention that.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My biggest problem today is where to get my protein. Should it be from duck, lamb or beef? I fancy duck today. Problem solved.