Anti-sickness vaccine abroad

HarrogateDave

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wondering if any of you good people could recommend an anti-sickness vaccine for my wife who is a diabetic 1. Unfortunately my wife has experienced severe vomiting whilst abroad on a number of occasions.

I was also hoping/wondering if can offer some advice when going abroad.
My my wife has had the condition for a number of years...so know about:
Storage of insulin and her pens, travel bands and keeping hydrated but was wondering how we prevent sickness before heading abroad.

Thanks for reading this post and I hope someone can offer a suitable vaccine and advice.

Cheers.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was wondering if any of you good people could recommend an anti-sickness vaccine for my wife who is a diabetic 1. Unfortunately my wife has experienced severe vomiting whilst abroad on a number of occasions.

I was also hoping/wondering if can offer some advice when going abroad.
My my wife has had the condition for a number of years...so know about:
Storage of insulin and her pens, travel bands and keeping hydrated but was wondering how we prevent sickness before heading abroad.

Thanks for reading this post and I hope someone can offer a suitable vaccine and advice.

Cheers.

HarrogateDave, do you know why your wife becomes sick when you are overseas? Annoyingly, vomitting is often the body's reaction to something it can't cope with - whether it be contaminated food or drink, a very different diet that the individual's system can't deal with, or the like. Obviously there are many, many reasons, but to be honest knowing why it happens can be pivotal in dealing with it better - whether that be treatment or prevention.