Any advice?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was do it the low carb thing a typical breakfast was bacon and eggs. Sometimes just boiled eggs. Lunch would be like a frying steak and salad. Maybe sausages and eggs again. Evening meal would be a bigger steak and salad . Chicken breastfeeding and salad. Or like spaghetti bol without the spaghetti and salad. Basically a lot of meat. A lot 9fafer salad. No bread or stuff.
My weight seems to stay pretty constant around the 90 kg mark. Whatever I'm doing.
no one here would recommend a low carb high protein diet..low carb, normal protein and top up energy with fats

you say you have a normal C-pep which indicates you are very insulin resistant
to reduce insulin resistance you cut carbs, till your BG levels are in single numbers.

as an example and not a recommendation...the 800 cal newcastle diet study lowered it in a week
upload_2015-2-27_1-8-20.png

pigdogboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read everyone's advice about the low carb thing. It hasn't worked for me before. But I'm gonna give it another go now I'm on the insulin. I don't think I'll be trying an 800 calories diet though.
Something ain't right though...

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I've read everyone's advice about the low carb thing. It hasn't worked for me before. But I'm gonna give it another go now I'm on the insulin. I don't think I'll be trying an 800 calories diet though.
Something ain't right though...
Try low carb, but high fat rather than high protein: http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Good luck.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Just make sure that you don't overdo the insulin in relation to the amount of carbs you are eating. We don't want you going hypo!
Sally