any body with flatulance

BIGXXH

Hi all

Since being diagnosed with type one i have had terrible wind and flatulence which at times is very uncomfortable,so if there is anybody out there who has the same problem could you tell me if there is a cure.Or something i van take.

Thanks in Advance

BIGXXH

iHs

BIGXXH said:
Hi all

Since being diagnosed with type one i have had terrible wind and flatulence which at times is very uncomfortable,so if there is anybody out there who has the same problem could you tell me if there is a cure.Or something i van take.

Thanks in Advance

BIGXXH

Hi

There was a time when I too spent a year or so suffering from the same problem. Seemed to affect me always at the same times during the day and was embarassing. I did go to the doctor about it but there was no real cause and as it wasn't painful I just started to avoid vegetables that were known for wind and occasionally had some charcoal tablets. It helped a bit but not much. Eventually, the problem stopped but why I dont really know so hope that you will also be the same. If you are bothered by indigestion do go and see the doctor and have some tests done rather than take over the counter meds just in case there is something wrong.......

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
BIGXXH said:
Hi all

Take a read of the following from the NHS which explains possible causes of flatulence:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Flatulence ... auses.aspx

As this condition is making you very uncomfortable I would see your gp BIGXXH......good luck!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Since I began living on mainly protein and fats, I've not had flatulence. As soon as I eat carbs of any sort, the tummy begins to talk to me in loud growls and a do get windy. So I try to keep off the carbs as well as I can. I just can't digest them without a lot of complaints from my digestive system.

BIGXXH

Hi All

Thanks for all your help,so here is another question could it be something to do with the insulin that i have to use(novomix30twice a day 40 units).

Thanks Again

BIGXXH
:oops:

DaveNN

BIGXXH said:
Hi all

Thanks in Advance

BIGXXH
Yeh... Especially after chocolate, or chicken.
I could blame the metformin but that would be just an excuse.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
It is definitely worth discussing with your gp. I had a similar problem a while back but also had changes to bowel habits. Went for am allergy test and after 6 weeks off foods I was sensitive to the problem was gone. Might be worth a try for you if gp can't find anything.

iHs

BIGXXH said:
Hi All

Thanks for all your help,so here is another question could it be something to do with the insulin that i have to use(novomix30twice a day 40 units).

Thanks Again

BIGXXH
:oops:

I doubt it.

Have you tried writing down on paper everything you are eating including biscuits, chocolate and other food.

I would have a go at eating food more slowly and making sure that it is chewed thoroughly before swallowing to see if that helps to eliminate the wind and using frozen peas as your veg instead of cabbage etc.