Any Other Former Low Carb Skeptics?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I have all the proof I need. Given within days of switching to LC the swelling that at times got painful on my leg has gone. No more random pins and needles. Loads of energy and no falling asleep in the chair. I have never felt better.
I may sneak some treats (I'm human cinema popcorn will not be forsaken) but I'm aiming at 50g a day all in at most, generally less. At 40g today with rice and honey in the evening meal.
I never want to feel like the old me again.

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

Beebeelady

What kind of things do you eat?
How "low carb" have you gone?
What do you like to eat .. that would be useful info.
Thank you for asking.
I don't eat any sugar or foods containing sugar (with the occasional rare exception). I don't eat potatoes, rice pasta, bread etc, or manufactured sauces, pickles etc.
I eat eggs, meat, poultry, fish, cheese, bacon, olive oil, butter.
Some semi skimmed milk in tea, full fat Greek yoghourt occasionally. A tablespoon of double cream sometimes.
Green veg, onions in stews etc, and occasionally a few carrots or squash or a few peas. Very little fruit (I used to eat about 12 portions a day), an apple occasionally, raspberries, blackcurrants, blueberries, all in small portions, less than once fortnight.
I usually eat two meals a day. I wonder whether my portions are too big? I have ordered more sticks so I can start testing after eating. By the way, how long after eating should I test please?
Some evenings I "pick" at a nibble of cheese, some cold meat, etc. and then sometimes go back for more! I do love cheese.
I do eat a couple of squares of very dark chocolate sometimes, but I've decided i don't like it all that much. I prefer sweet milk chocolate, but never eat it!

Today I had 2 eggs scrambled with butter, some mushrooms and a few prawns for brunch, followed by a bit of mozzarrella and a few sundried tomatoes in oil.
Dinner will be belly of pork from yesterday with vegetables. No gravy.

Any ideas would be very welcome, thank you.

I have never counted carbs, as i didn't think I needed to, given what i eat.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for asking.
I don't eat any sugar or foods containing sugar (with the occasional rare exception). I don't eat potatoes, rice pasta, bread etc, or manufactured sauces, pickles etc.
I eat eggs, meat, poultry, fish, cheese, bacon, olive oil, butter.
Some semi skimmed milk in tea, full fat Greek yoghourt occasionally. A tablespoon of double cream sometimes.
Green veg, onions in stews etc, and occasionally a few carrots or squash or a few peas. Very little fruit (I used to eat about 12 portions a day), an apple occasionally, raspberries, blackcurrants, blueberries, all in small portions, less than once fortnight.
I usually eat two meals a day. I wonder whether my portions are too big? I have ordered more sticks so I can start testing after eating. By the way, how long after eating should I test please?
Some evenings I "pick" at a nibble of cheese, some cold meat, etc. and then sometimes go back for more! I do love cheese.
I do eat a couple of squares of very dark chocolate sometimes, but I've decided i don't like it all that much. I prefer sweet milk chocolate, but never eat it!

Today I had 2 eggs scrambled with butter, some mushrooms and a few prawns for brunch, followed by a bit of mozzarrella and a few sundried tomatoes in oil.
Dinner will be belly of pork from yesterday with vegetables. No gravy.

Any ideas would be very welcome, thank you.

I have never counted carbs, as i didn't think I needed to, given what i eat.
Sorry forgot to ask how long you've been eating this way?

rajni1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I read Dr Jason Fungs book, follow "his" group on Facebook, and the stories of people's lives being transformed had a huge influence on me. I have now practically reversed the condition, though still take Metformin.

Reactions: Rustytypin