1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Any T2's managing to get Supermarket Delivery Slots?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Max68, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

There are lots of battery change tutorials all over youtube.

2. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Tried but failed despite having a regular 2 weekly delivery from Sainsbury’s for the last 3 years

3. sonia2016

sonia2016 Type 2 · Member

No delivery slots at all with any supermarket so far, despite registering as very vulnerable. High risk not due to diabetes but another condition which compromises immune system. Am relying on neighbour and community volunteer, who are wonderful. Also had a phone call from local council social services to ask if all well.

4. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Tesco had some slots available earlier this evening in my neck of the woods. I live in the North East.

5. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You just have to keep checking, I know tesco in particular are adding extra slots at different times, I looked yesterday and I could've got a delivery today but I already have one booked for the weekend, they are popping up fairly frequently where I live. I did have some success with Asda too, but they are now only showing slots for the next 7 days, all of which are booked up. If you're really in a pickle then Harvey and Brockless are now delivering nationwide with a minimum order of £40 (https://www.harveyandbrockless.co.uk/) they are a little bit pricey and you may not get everything you need, they only do food no other household items or anything, or if you're in certain bits of Yorkshire you can order from Delifresh (https://delifresh-ltd.myshopify.com/), they do a few household items. These are both normally catering suppliers though, not supermarkets :cat:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@Max68 - Have you tried, or considered hooking it up to a battery charger for a few hours, or overnight? If nothing else, that'd help prove the battery hypothesis.

You could then start the car, once a week say, just to keep it topped up, or alternatively, disconnect the then charged battery to minimise any losses?

Some cars have more than other draining the battery, if left standing.

7. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

To be honest what I did was buy a delivery pass from Asda then when I had randomly the opportunity to book a slot I booked a recurring slot.

8. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

It's raining outside when I opened the gate for the delivery driver, so I chucked a few chilli seeds in a bare patch of "garden" near the gate.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook