Anybody got any suggestions

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No hypo awareness so I only know if I scan my libre, blood test usually lower than libre it was about 90 minutes on Monday night after last gliclazide in the morning, kept eating but low carb and loads of cheese had to give up and gave a glass of milk in the end, sometimes not long if I scan and do blood test then eat(dried apricots or pontefract cakes) last 2 nights libre went into the red, but I didn’t wake up and it came back up by itself 4.3 yesterday and 4.7 this morning when I got up, hopefully all gliclazide is out of my body now

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There certainly is a family history element in MODY. Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition There is a risk for patients with an organ-specific autoimmune disease to have increased risks of developing autoimmune responses against other organs or tissues. It's worth mentioning to your GP. Have you had antibody tests?
https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/447777
Thank you so much for suggesting MODY (I’d never heard of it) been googling it & it’s like all the pieces of the puzzle falling into place. DSN has done a calculation & the percentage was quite high, she’s spoken to a consultant who says I need to be referred to him & have the test, just a waiting game now. Thanks again for your suggestion

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much for suggesting MODY (I’d never heard of it) been googling it & it’s like all the pieces of the puzzle falling into place. DSN has done a calculation & the percentage was quite high, she’s spoken to a consultant who says I need to be referred to him & have the test, just a waiting game now. Thanks again for your suggestion

Hi there, I've nothing to add, sorry, but I just wanted to give you a hug! It's bad enough knowing what type a person is and then dealing with it but the not knowing is far worse in my opinion. You end up not knowing how to manage it, whether you need meds, whether you don't, whether the meds are making it worse, etc. Then you end up being passed from pillar to post medically and almost being 'blamed' for not eating enough, for being too thin, for exercising in the 'wrong way' and on and on. Big hugs!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, I've nothing to add, sorry, but I just wanted to give you a hug! It's bad enough knowing what type a person is and then dealing with it but the not knowing is far worse in my opinion. You end up not knowing how to manage it, whether you need meds, whether you don't, whether the meds are making it worse, etc. Then you end up being passed from pillar to post medically and almost being 'blamed' for not eating enough, for being too thin, for exercising in the 'wrong way' and on and on. Big hugs!
Thanks for the virtual hug, really feeling fed up now, would be nice to get a proper diagnosis after 24 years though

Reactions: KK123