Anyone else having trouble with leaky pump sites?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had my accucheck insight pump for a couple years, never had a problem, but in the past couple months my pump sites have been leaking really badly. I've tried new types of sites, putting it on different places, changing tubing regularly and asked my doctor about it- nothing has worked. My clothes are now having to be washed even more because they get covered in insulin, and sometimes it happens when I'm at school and so I have to walk around smelling all day with a wet patch on my top. I know a few other people have had problems and so I've just been sent a new type of tubing, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice/had a similar problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
dorry I can't help but I too am on the insight and not had that problem, maybe try some skin tack?

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Report it to your supplier and ask for a new batch, sounds like a faulty batch to me.
Are you going high when this happens? Be on alert for ketones if you're not getting all of your insulin.

Indiana x

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also use the insight, I've not had any leaking issues but have noticed in the last few weeks or so that the Flex Cannula is sometimes difficult to get the tubing adaptor locked into. A few times I've noticed its not locked correctly and had to unclip and clip back in again.

I have had one Cannula not stick properly as well, it had lifted everywhere but under the plastic, first time this has ever happened to me but noticed it within an hour or so and replaced it.

jimbocolvie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on the insight. I too had leaky sites and it was a faulty batch which accu-chek replaced promptly haven't had a problem since

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also use the Insight - twice I've had a wet cannula and both times it was a sign of a failure. First time was on my second day of pumping (my first cannula was 8mm when actually a 6mm is a better size for me) and the second time was a one-off. Actually, given that it was my second, a 'two-off'. Not the same batch.

My current box of cannulas is showing no signs of faultiness, but given these posts I shall be keeping a careful eye out for anything untoward.

:)

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the Insight too but not noticed any issues in that regard. I'll keep an eye out though. Hope you manage to get the issue resolved. Roche are v good

Jo1407

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if you're doing this, but tubing should be changed with every insulin vial. We were originally told change tubing day 6, and insulin and cannula days 3&6, but met the rep last week as was told differently. Also use the multi wave for any bolus greater than 5 as the Teflon cannula can't cope.