Anyone had a liver scan

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Wow hazel , that is great news , u r doing great , to getting them results down ,what did they say to you at 534 , well done

They didn't actually say anything, I was gob smacked that I was diagnosed with Diabetes as expected an allery blood test only for a skin rash on my arms. I didn't feel ill though I must say I feel really well at the moment.

jaade88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a liver scan last year because it was showing abnormal function when I was in hospital with DKA and they did it was slightly inflamed but never heard anything after that and never even had a follow up scan! Even more worrying the nurses at the hospital gave me a full dose of insulin in the morning even though I had been fasting since 9pm the previous night which meant I had a hypo and had to re arrange the scan :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Father Jack

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
I had my 3 mth blood test and it has shown up some gamma something our other , dont know what the dr said ,to be honest,so gotta go have a liver scan, whhhooo hoooo, like i need something else right now , but just wondered id anyone one else has had one , he asked if i drunk alot ,and of course i said one or two , but it seems the gamma stuff was high when Mr Diabetes come to stay ,but went down when i i sorted myself out , but high again cos i feel off wagon, but dr doesnt know about my new found war im raging with my friend .....happy days
Hi Jezza
When I had the blood tests that revealed my type 2, elevated liver enzyme levels were also detected. Subsequently, I was sent for a liver ultrasound scan. This is totally painless and involves having your belly coated with a jelly and having a probe rubbed over it, quite pleasant really, but I don't get out much. The radiographer informed me that I have fatty liver but this was in common with 90% of the population where I live, (the third world Rotherham). After six months of near abstention from alcohol and losing several stone in weight my liver function tests were declared normal. Its another condition that can be controlled by diet and I believe that it often occurs alongside diabetes.
Do not worry about the test and the condition is easily controllable.
Jack

jezza220

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
salad
I had a liver scan last year because it was showing abnormal function when I was in hospital with DKA and they did it was slightly inflamed but never heard anything after that and never even had a follow up scan! Even more worrying the nurses at the hospital gave me a full dose of insulin in the morning even though I had been fasting since 9pm the previous night which meant I had a hypo and had to re arrange the scan :(

Oh dear , that wasnt good, and why did they not follow up,rubbish springs to mind,keep smiling

jezza220

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
salad
Hi Jezza
When I had the blood tests that revealed my type 2, elevated liver enzyme levels were also detected. Subsequently, I was sent for a liver ultrasound scan. This is totally painless and involves having your belly coated with a jelly and having a probe rubbed over it, quite pleasant really, but I don't get out much. The radiographer informed me that I have fatty liver but this was in common with 90% of the population where I live, (the third world Rotherham). After six months of near abstention from alcohol and losing several stone in weight my liver function tests were declared normal. Its another condition that can be controlled by diet and I believe that it often occurs alongside diabetes.
Do not worry about the test and the condition is easily controllable.
Jack
Ha ha , gotta love them pies up there ,i have not touched a drop since the quack told me about scan,cheers for the advice

jezza220

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
salad
Well had the scan today , and the fastening was the worst part and the constant jabs in the side and belly ,but it was ok, the liver did have some fat but not much to be concerned about,kidneys etc all ok too,so im guessing it was my prevous poor control that pushed up levels , so the fight goes on , cheers to all that gave me advice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Apparently I have a slightly fatty liver and it goes hand in hand with diabetes. I had the scan and all the consultant said was she wasn't unduly concerned at the moment but that my GP would monitor it for changes in the levels. A healthy diet and weight loss should either arrest or reverse the problem.