Anyone had adult onset asthma?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

My physical stamina is very low due to obesity and lack of exercise. A couple of years ago I had pneumonia from heavy breathing cold air after running. After that, when I walk briskly I get a burning in my chest and dizziness.

What is this exactly and how can it stop? I am not asking for medical advice but relevant experiences.

Thanks!

mouseee

I did in my late 30s, in a triple with sinus problems and allergy to paracetamol. Weird but apparently exists.

If you imagine trying to breathe through a straw with nose pinched, that's how I have heard an asthma attack described to people who don't have it.

If you go to the drs they'll get you to do lung capacity and to record that for a week or two and then tell you next step. I think GP is the best way to go.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have difficult to breath but my airways feel irritated and I get a light headache/dizziness with every inhale.

D

Deleted member 308541

Your SPo² is probably on the low side and you might be getting hypoxia symptoms.

If mine goes down below 80%, and my heart rate goes over 120 I start going hypoxic

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rabdos , there are many forms of breathing problems, which obviously include a number of different forms of asthma. To get to the bottom of it, you need to see your Doctor, to ensure you are appropriately diagnosed and advised.

Asthma or breathing difficulties of any kind should not be ignored.