anyone had big weight losses with lchf diet

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hhahahah i prob could do now ahahahah i lost my twin sister but she was lazy ahhaah i like the new one more happier and diabeties certainly changed my life for the good how are you doing r u ok xx
Life is good on Planet Breathe, thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

Kfoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have been following LCHF since October 13th. Have lost 37 pounds so far, which is about half way there, with very little pain and misery, unlike past diets.
Have completely come off metformin, Simvastin and Ramilpril. Next time I go to the DR's (April) I fully expect to be taken off my 1 tablet morning and night of Gliclizide too. I have been Type 2 for about 4 years and had no advice re: diet at all. it was only by joining this site that I discovered the benefits of LCHF and I haven't looked back since.
I was regularly getting readings over 10/12 before, even with the meds and now? never above 5.8, Any time of day (usually in the 4's).
I've stopped getting cold achey feet and fingers, haven't had heartburn since a week after starting (was usually constant). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this way of life (and that is what it is) to anyone, Type 2 or not.

Kellrob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im the same @Kfoll, been Type 2 for about 4 years and i never had any advise about diet. I think i was in denial for the first 3 years, but then i started to put on loads of weight and this with a very stressful move away from my family (over 250 miles) made me quite ill and depressed and that was when i started to change the way i eat. Unfortunately, it wasnt LCHF and my weight loss and BS numbers didnt get any better. Finally found this site a few weeks back and started the LCHF way of eating about 2 1/2 weeks ago, i have lost 3 1/2 llb so far and my BS are great (between 4.4 and 7.0). I just wish i had found out about this sooner! :)

Reactions: 2 people