anyone had big weight losses with lchf diet

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 today which is lower than I expected as I had a peanut 9 bar before I went to bed last night:)

Oops just realised, wrong thread:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done. Hope I can be like you one day.
You wouldn't think that today, after a pub lunch with my mum and uncle my bs shot up to 9! First time I've had bread in quite a few weeks. I keep trying different sorts to see how it affects my bs, so far they all send it into orbit. Only had a steak n onion baguette as well. Oh well back to the drawing board......

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You wouldn't think that today, after a pub lunch with my mum and uncle my bs shot up to 9! First time I've had bread in quite a few weeks. I keep trying different sorts to see how it affects my bs, so far they all send it into orbit. Only had a steak n onion baguette as well. Oh well back to the drawing board......

A baguette? :eek: You were lucky to get away with a 9. ;)

comfort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh thank goodness you're human lol. The lesson I've learnt is even the best of us can slip and that's ok. That's a little bit easier to live up to. Thank you for sharing. How long will it take to get back to your low readings?

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh thank goodness you're human lol. The lesson I've learnt is even the best of us can slip and that's ok. That's a little bit easier to live up to. Thank you for sharing. How long will it take to get back to your low readings?
As it was only a baguette my bs will be back to normal tomorrow as I have had no carbs for the rest of the day. A lesson learned though....baguettes get added to my no-no list

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As it was only a baguette my bs will be back to normal tomorrow as I have had no carbs for the rest of the day. A lesson learned though....baguettes get added to my no-no list

That's the great thing about having well controlled BS levels. You can have a disaster but no panic necessary because a few hours later it's as though it never happened.

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's the great thing about having well controlled BS levels. You can have a disaster but no panic necessary because a few hours later it's as though it never happened.
So true, it gives us a bit of room to experiment once in a while, trouble is my experiments are usually quite disastrous, think I'll stick to the day job

Reactions: 4 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm lucky I can have bread but only medium or thin sliced bread, any type of bagette or roll and the amount of bread compared to the amount of filling is far too much. Fortunately white bread is no worse for me than whole wheat and I much prefer white so at least I can have a little of what I like.

Reactions: 3 people

goose64

every time I do LCHF I lose wight & then something happens & I fall of the wagon - this month I've lost half a stone

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have dropped over a stone inside of a month since starting the LCHF diet, the rate at which I was first losing it is starting to slow down now.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
meeee i lost 8 half stone fro dec to nov on lchf love it fits my life well xx

Reactions: 4 people

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm lucky I can have bread but only medium or thin sliced bread, any type of bagette or roll and the amount of bread compared to the amount of filling is far too much. Fortunately white bread is no worse for me than whole wheat and I much prefer white so at least I can have a little of what I like.
I've gone without bread for a few weeks and realise i really can't live without it, even if its just one slice of ww danish a day its very thin. I think I've given up enough eg pasta rice, potatoes.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Are you really eating high fat.
yes i eat full fat everything meats cream cheese i cut out carbs bake myself using coconut flour and it works and exersize a massive support x

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Congrats on weight loss
Truly amazing. Has your life and health changed a lot. Thanks for replying.
my life changesd alot from size 36 dress to 18 now but im happy here for time being need to lose a little more but im so much happier and able to do things without feeling embarresed xx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my life changesd alot from size 36 dress to 18 now but im happy here for time being need to lose a little more but im so much happier and able to do things without feeling embarresed xx

I still think I should challenge you to carry me around, piggy-back style, for a couple of days, so you appreciate what you've lost. ;)

(At 8.5 stones, you've now lost all of me, my laptop bag, and scarily big handbag!!)

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I still think I should challenge you to carry me around, piggy-back style, for a couple of days, so you appreciate what you've lost. ;)

(At 8.5 stones, you've now lost all of me, my laptop bag, and scarily big handbag!!)
hhahahah i prob could do now ahahahah i lost my twin sister but she was lazy ahhaah i like the new one more happier and diabeties certainly changed my life for the good how are you doing r u ok xx