1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone had flu jab i did

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Sparklebrightisright62, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Ceppo

Ceppo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Last Saturday for me. Immediate irritation around the site. Hot red and irritated. Swelling abating now 5 days later. Very tired with sniffles. Now I do seem to be an odd one out....

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. JAT1

JAT1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Even though it's illegal to force people to surrender to the vax, here in Canada more and more employers are forcing vaccination (starting with our gov't) if you want to keep your job (even if you work from home). I never had a flu shot and never will, likewise, no way in hell will I take the covid experiment. Down with big money! Sorry for the rant, but freedom matters.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jollymon

Jollymon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I did mine. Flu has had me in the hospital multiple times. If I do this simple shot, and if it reduces that risk then okay- I’ll do it.

There is no “freedom” if you’re too sick to enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DEBBIESCOTT

DEBBIESCOTT MODY · Well-Known Member

Had mine at local pharmacy yesterday afternoon, went straight back to work, Peleton after work, feel fine, blood sugar went up while waiting for it but back to normal straight after

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Stress will increase bs in preparing it for “fight or flight”. Your body doesn’t understand it has diabetes, so the chemicals your body releases for fight or flight affect your numbers.

I know it’s difficult to stay calm at all times. But it will help your numbers.

6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Apparently Tesco are now qualified to give medical advice!
    Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 15.56.22.png

7. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

Tesco, at their instore pharmacies, have been doing flu jabs for years. And blood drawing for blood tests, and other vaccinations.

8. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I dislike being told what to do by anyone especially a supermarket "customer engagement" employee...
    They were told where to go.. needless to say.

9. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

They are not giving medical advice, they're advertising products, no different from advertising other products you definitely don't want.
    Looks like you subscribed to their emails, just hit that unsuscribe button and stay on topic please.

Further off topic reactions will be deleted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

Oddly I normally get a reaction like mild flu, but this year had a sore arm for a couple of weeks and nothing else.

11. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Having my flu jab with October my third covid jab on the 16th

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook