Anyone had success with Tresiba?

happydaze

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been on Levemir/NovoRapid as long as I can remember and no matter how much of a healthy lifestyle I religiously follow, I still haven't found a state of balance/control...I'm now experiencing problems with my vision (T1 for 22years) and my eye tests are progressively worse each year that I'm scared to have them tested again (silly I know)

I'm feeling an insulin change is definitely needed.

Curious to know about people out there who changed from Levemir to Tresiba. How did it affect your overall blood glucose management? I appreciate any input.

Thanks

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have been on Levemir/NovoRapid as long as I can remember and no matter how much of a healthy lifestyle I religiously follow, I still haven't found a state of balance/control...I'm now experiencing problems with my vision (T1 for 22years) and my eye tests are progressively worse each year that I'm scared to have them tested again (silly I know)

I'm feeling an insulin change is definitely needed.

Curious to know about people out there who changed from Levemir to Tresiba. How did it affect your overall blood glucose management? I appreciate any input.

Thanks

I've tried both Levemir and Tresiba and think they both have problems. My advice is push for a pump, nothing else can match the endless adjustments you can make that more closely mimic how the pancreas releases insulin. I found it impossible to find a Tresiba dose that didn't result in too much basal insulin half the day and not enough for the other half. Plus it was impossible to make quick adjustments when my body required more or less basal insulin, which happens now and then for whatever reason.

happydaze

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey there,

I definitely agree about needing different amounts of basal for various parts of the day, it's just for about 10 years I haven't been able to match my requirements with this regime :/

Thanks for the input, I am starting to be more open minded regarding the pump. Glad it's working out for you :)

All the best

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @happydaze Although on a pump now Tresiba for me was the best basal after using levemir and lantus, much more stable, took a while to bed in but was easier for me to manage. I second @scotteric though in the advice at looking into a pump, based on your progressive eye issues you need to look at alternative way to manage your BG levels throughout the day. The pump offers a huge amount of flexibility for lifestyle, so you can adjust your basal rates throughout the day and night, as well as your carb/insulin ratios throughout the day too, it is as close to mirroring your pancreas output as it can get. I like to exercise so having the ability to either reduce my basal rate or switch it off altogether is a big plus for me, as well as matching different foods. I was initially put off by being attached to something but it really becomes insignificant when you realise the benefits. In the meantime if you haven't done DAFNE then get signed up and please continue with your eye checks it's important you know what's going on.

Reactions: happydaze