Anyone have Creatine Kinase (CK) or TNF-a blood test?

torchman2

Hello,

As the title suggests, I'd be interested to see if people can check old blood test results for CK or TNF-a (alpha).

Would be particularly interesting to see results before and after monitoring BG.

They are both good indicators of tissue damage and inflammation.

thanks

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Torchman,

I'm not too sure where to go looking for those tests and I did just search my medical record. As it happens I've had inflammation in my body for the past few years and now that my diabetes is coming under control, albeit with some other issues like not absorbing Vit D. I confronted my doctor saying that something is causing this Vit D problem and he's always saying that my blood results says there's inflammation in my body, so would he mind looking at that. He agreed and told me that I would have to go and get my blood taken at Winchester hospital rather than my local hosp as the tests he was doing meant that the test had to happen within an hour of the blood being drawn and he said they where Lupus test.

I couldn't believe it they drained 8 viles of blood out of me... And had to change arms half way thru. Long story short the rheumatologist has now moved my March appointment to 8th Jan... So I'm guessing he doesn't like what he's seen... Some of my inflammation markers are pretty high...

I've looked up Lupus not nice. Another mate mentioned possible 'Aankylosing Spondylitis' I'm pretty open minded, I'm just gona see what they say, until then I'm just going to enjoy Christmas (in a reasonably sensible way).

I don't know if that helps, I've inflammation as well, but waiting for the Doc to tell me if there is or isn't anything to be concerned about. Until I'm told there is, I'll not worry.