Anyone heard of mysugarwatch?

Flowerlights1

This seems very new? Can't seem to find any reviews online of any shared experiences but it seems like a non invasive form of blood glucose monitoring.

Not sure how safe it is or if its even legitimate- has anyone else come across it? I came across this as someone I know saww this product being promoted at a conference.

Reactions: eventhorizon

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

This seems very new? Can't seem to find any reviews online of any shared experiences but it seems like a non invasive form of blood glucose monitoring.

Not sure how safe it is or if its even legitimate- has anyone else come across it? I came across this as someone I know saww this product being promoted at a conference.
The subject of blood sugar reading watches has come up before on the forums. So far the opinion seems to have been that they are not very accurate at all.

This one seems to be solely aimed at T2s and prediabetics and has this disclaimer in their TOS
https://mysugarwatch.je/terms-conditions/
The website and device are provided “as is” without any warranties, and the company does not guarantee their accuracy or reliability. Users agree to use the website and device at their own risk and to follow all applicable laws and regulations.

This article isn't by the comapny but unfortunately it's from Jul 2022, so not as recent as I'd like.
The unsuitability for patients using insulin or drugs like gliclazide suggests to me that it isn't yet accurate enough to predict hypos...

It's an interesting product and I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who is using it. I'm skeptical at the moment...

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmm. Looks interesting. I shall keep my skeptical eye on it. I'm sure there'll be YouTube reviews as soon as you can actually purchase one.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm. Looks interesting. I shall keep my skeptical eye on it. I'm sure there'll be YouTube reviews as soon as you can actually purchase one.
Make sure any reviewers are actually diabetic and have compared against their actual medical devices at a range of levels. It’s easy for a watch to guess typical non diabetic numbers and not be too far out. A lot different to actually being accurate enough to make drug, hypo or food choices when levels are not in the normal range and can varying quickly and widely.

If this tech worked right now all the big companies like apple fitbit and garmin etc not to mention all the makers of actual diabetic measuring devices like meters and cgm would be doing it. They aren’t. They say its still in development.
Dangerous imo

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Make sure any reviewers are actually diabetic and have compared against their actual medical devices at a range of levels. It’s easy for a watch to guess typical non diabetic numbers and not be too far out. A lot different to actually being accurate enough to make drug, hypo or food choices when levels are not in the normal range and can varying quickly and widely.

If this tech worked right now all the big companies like apple fitbit and garmin etc not to mention all the makers of actual diabetic measuring devices like meters and cgm would be doing it. They aren’t. They say its still in development.
Dangerous imo
Who knows? It might be a genuine innovation. Like I say I'll remain skeptical just like I was when I first used a Libre and again using Dexcom. But I would be happy to try and compare (a lot) against finger pricks.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who knows? It might be a genuine innovation. Like I say I'll remain skeptical just like I was when I first used a Libre and again using Dexcom. But I would be happy to try and compare (a lot) against finger pricks.
Please report back if you do, and don’t rely on it until you’ve thoroughly checked it

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

gogobroom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Having used Freestyle libre the mysugarwatch looks like it is much bigger, be interesting if it does work to see exactly how big it is and if it stays on during exercise, not heard of it before but will see what comes of it.