Anyone here on low carb doing for long time?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I agree that carbs are hard to resist BUT I have found that when I started eating higher fat. That the carb addiction was gone.
Its true, higher protein and fat keeps you feeling full for a longer time so there is less temptation to snack on carb rich foods.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I stood on the scale this morning - ooups.
So I had a square of dark chocolate and a mug of coffee with cream, and later, two beefburgers and a tomato, then another cup of coffee.
My metabolism is really frugal and efficient, but now that my diabetes is negated, over indulgence means weightgain.

Reactions: ziggy_w

potatohead66

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Service stations that have M&S Simply Food are really helpful. Try rollitos (cheese “cigars” wrapped in ham (3 variatons of), cooked bacon strips, mi i peppers filled with cheese, various cold meats, pots of hard boiled eggs, etc. Most are 3 for £7. You should check them out.
Luckily there are more and more service stations that have M&S or Waitrose which give some good option for low GI if I havent prepared anything myself.... i havent tried the cheese "cigars" yet. I will be sure to look out for these next time! :)