Anyone need getting more highs in the heat?

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just come back from a very active holiday where temps were about 35c on average, my levels would not go below 11 no matter what I tried, walking, eating less carbs cranking up the insulin just makes it plummet temporarily before a natural spike again. I've even changed pens a few times in case they went bad in the heat.

Lost 1.5 kgs in 5 days so not happy.

Any ideas?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes, I go high in the heat. And then plummet when the insulin on board to treat those highs is finally active. It’s frustrating.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I go high in the heat. And then plummet when the insulin on board to treat those highs is finally active. It’s frustrating.

Yep exactly that then it's back to sky high again, any pointers? Never used to happen.

EJTC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Waking up in the night with a hypos and a loss of sensor alarms from CGM
Oh wow I thought that it was just my bad diabetic management! I always thought that you would have more hypos in the heat. My BG’s in the morning have been terrible morning, this morning they were 19 and like others took more corrections than I usually feel safe to do so. I had just had enough of not going below 10 too. Finally before lunch today they were 5.2.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heat definitely makes me higher rather than low.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I have to take less insulin in the heat or I hypo. No highs at all.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to take less insulin in the heat or I hypo. No highs at all.

This used to be me, I just cranked up the Levimer by 8u and added 30% to me rapid doses, things seem to be getting better.