Anyone not been induced?

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Hi all, hope everyones good. I was just wondering if anyone had given birth with either type 1 or 2 and not been induced? I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant with my first. Cheers

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi Mooshk, congratulations! I was induced at 35.5 weeks with my first child & then emergency c-section. 2nd child was planned c-section at 38 weeks.
I think if your BP is behaving & they are happy with your babies size, a normal going in to labour delivery could be considered.

Reactions: mooshk

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was induced for my second delivery due to gestational diabetes. Three hours start to finish - wonderful!

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi both, thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm planning on not being induced as I'm aware it's extremely painful & am quite a wimp ha

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi both, thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm planning on not being induced as I'm aware it's extremely painful & am quite a wimp ha

Looking back on it (my eldest is 30) the method doesn't matter as log as you get a healthy baby. I had one failed induction followed by an emergency c-section, followed by a planned c-section.

Just be warned, c-sections may be pain free during the birth but they aren't afterwards during the healing process... :) And if you go to full term for a "natural" birth, I'm pretty sure there will be some pain.:bigtears:

Anyway, congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope it all goes well (and as pain fee as possible).

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yeah I really don't want a c section at all, hoping for natural birth if all goes well. Also don't trust the hospital just from being quite severely mistreated by doctors from a young age so hoping to follow the midwife as much as possible. Suppose I'm wondering if any diabetics have had positive birth experiences as so far it's all been traumatic stories

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I developed gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy,
Went to work one day had a midwives appointment, sent straight to hospital with pre enclampsia, 3cm dilated when I got there, had no intervention & no pain killers & had a baby boy 8lb 5.5 oz at 34 weeks ( when they managed to find a bottle with gas & air in it it was too late & wasn’t allowed it)

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I honestly didn't find it more painful being induced, and the three hours was very manageable on gas and air. The only part that I didn't like was the initial step of induction but that only takes a few minutes. In the end of the day, all decisions I made were focused on a healthy outcome for the baby. Child birth is painful but there is no need to be concerned about it beforehand or to try to imagine it. Just put it out of your mind and trust that on the day you will come through it and cope with it. There will be people there to help you. Keep your thoughts on the many happy years with your child, not the one day of discomfort x

Reactions: Antje77

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
These are good to hear thank you. Unfortunately with CPTSD and multiple disabilities plus medical accidents from hospitals the prospect of pain is something I can't not think about. I deffo plan on doing what is right for the baby & because inductions cause stress & fetal heart rate drops in a majority of births I'm hoping to avoid at all costs. Thanks again

Reactions: zand

LucieT13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started to have pains and had a light bleed at 35 weeks. Stayed overnight at hospital and was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia the next morning and was induced. I managed with gas and air, spent 3 hours in labour and pushed for only 10 mins. It was a really good experience, my body just knew what to do. My son was hypoglycaemic shortly after birth and had jaundice so had to spend a week in the NICU. It was definitely not the water birth I had planned but giving birth rarely seems to go to plan.

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for the response and pleased to hear it wasn't traumatic good to hear!

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Yeah I really don't want a c section at all, hoping for natural birth if all goes well. Also don't trust the hospital just from being quite severely mistreated by doctors from a young age so hoping to follow the midwife as much as possible. Suppose I'm wondering if any diabetics have had positive birth experiences as so far it's all been traumatic stories
Honestly it wasn't too traumatic just not what I would have planned but two strong & healthy babies later I'm a happy momma x

Reactions: mooshk