Anyone on Jardiamet Tablets to replace meteformin used in conjunction with Lantus

Janr20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needlephobia giving insulin
Hi everyone

just swapped from metformin tablets to Jardiamet plus take Lantus and NovoRapid . Lantus was reduced from 76 u to 65 u resulting in going from 5.5 fasting blood sugars to 8.5 fasting blood sugars

Is this normal? I’ve ended up topping up with Nova Rapid to be able to reduce the high fasting sugars

Is anyone else had similar problems ? I’m type 2 I had a stroke at 59 . Been on insulin for last 5 yeats

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It's rather unusual to take tablets and insulin together although should not be a problem. Usually insulin will be used as the prime medication and adjusted as needed. Do you have any excess weight and hence insulin resistance? Do you have a low-carb diet?

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Jardiamet - is that a combination medication with Jardiance and Metformin (similar to Janumet being a combination of Januvia and metformin)? It is just that this is the first time I have heard of it.

Anyway, I have been taking metformin, jardiance and insulin (novorapid and tresiba) for several years now. I was not sure that metformin was doing anything for me, so I was delighted at my kidney doctor's appointment yesterday when he told me to stop taking metformin! ( 2 less pills everyday!)

Janr20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needlephobia giving insulin
Jardiamet - is that a combination medication with Jardiance and Metformin (similar to Janumet being a combination of Januvia and metformin)? It is just that this is the first time I have heard of it.

Anyway, I have been taking metformin, jardiance and insulin (novorapid and tresiba) for several years now. I was not sure that metformin was doing anything for me, so I was delighted at my kidney doctor's appointment yesterday when he told me to stop taking metformin! ( 2 less pills everyday!)
I have been on metformin / vildagliptin plus insulin for 10 years. I couldn’t understand why I’m taking so when offered Jardiamet to take it in conjunction with Novarapid and Lantus. I felt metformin was doing nothing why should I take it. Special authority required for Jardiamet HBA1C must be higher than 53 and presence if CVA or heart conditions