anyone reversed their type two diabetes to below the normal range in remission or reversed can it be

Anthony1738

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Boom Boom Club Music (cant see the point its not Music) Moto GP and Manchester United
Heres a question....... If I changed my doctors, which I can do here in Thailand quite easily, and take a medical examination including blood tests and they all came back normal, as my last bloods did, how would the doctors and nurses know I was diabetic?

Anthony1738

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Boom Boom Club Music (cant see the point its not Music) Moto GP and Manchester United
Hi,
I am new to this site and working / hoping to achieve remission of some sort. I like your approch but would like a bit more information.
I was diagnosed with T2D about 5.5 weeks ago after a spell of pneumonia and gulping all those fruit juices! In the past 2 weeks my highest reading was a one-off 9.2, my daily range is between 4 and6.7. I have lost a few pounds (from 16.5 stones to 15.23)
Hello and welcome your in the right place for great advice and support I see your your numbers 4 to 6.7 is not bad at all, and I reckon you will do well very quickly. You will have all the info you can handle in no time on here people better qualified than me will be in touch, all the best and good luck

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've switched my T2 off and my surgery are amazed.
I'm the only diabetic at the surgery who isn't getting sicker fatter and taking ever increasing meds.
No meds for cholesterol no meds for blood pressure and no more Metformin.
I'm living pretty much like the rest of my family when it comes to eating.
I never considered myself to be a diabetic.
I was a person with diabetes.
No exercise because I have a lot of spinal problems that prevent that.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I changed my doctors, which I can do here in Thailand quite easily, and take a medical examination including blood tests and they all came back normal, as my last bloods did, how would the doctors and nurses know I was diabetic?

If we really want to know, we can do an extended 4-5 hr Oral glucose tolerance test with insulin assay (Dr Joseph Kraft model). The full glucose/insulin response would clearly show where we stand. But they won't because that is not the current accepted definition for the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes...the prevailing view is glucose centric only. So all the focus is on glucose management, not insulin response management...

Anthony1738

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If we really want to know, we can do an extended 4-5 hr Oral glucose tolerance test with insulin assay (Dr Joseph Kraft model). The full glucose/insulin response would clearly show where we stand. But they won't because that is not the current accepted definition for the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes...the prevailing view is glucose centric only. So all the focus is on glucose management, not insulin response management...

Thank you for your very informative answer, so I think if I went today for lab tests they wouldnt discover my diabetes

Hm112819

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Approximatly 3 months ago, I lost 5 stone through exercise and cutting calories/carbs.

Although I'm cautious (as to not put weight back on), I can eat and drink what I want.

Not sure what this means long term, but certainly in the immediate future maintaining weight loss is my focus.