Anyone still working or been called back to work recently?

Kreade1958

Hi
I'venow started back to work,as I said in previous posts, and although I was told at my return to work interview a risk assessment would be done it still has not been. I have emailed my manager twice now and still nothing. Is a risk assessment required or is it merely down to employers discretion? Thanks

RachelN76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m a research midwife. I’ve been working at the hospital throughout this. On COVID studies. Been very interesting, and the car park has been empty! I’ve noticed it all getting busier recently though.

Max68

Well I spoke again with my Head Master yesterday and we came to an agreement outside the advice of the Union, but I felt the long term relationship was worth more than money in this case . I'm working from home on a three day contract until September and have had it written into the T&C's that I will return to full time as ad when it's "safe" to do so therefore having a "review" with him late summer. Massive weight off my shoulders and have safeguarded my full time contract. If things are still bad come September I will cross that bridge when we come to it but in the meantime I can work from home without any pressure. I'm lucky I can come to an agreement with my employer as I know many others aren't that lucky but I would advise others to talk to your employer or Union if you are worried about returning.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I spoke again with my Head Master yesterday and we came to an agreement outside the advice of the Union, but I felt the long term relationship was worth more than money in this case . I'm working from home on a three day contract until September and have had it written into the T&C's that I will return to full time as ad when it's "safe" to do so therefore having a "review" with him late summer. Massive weight off my shoulders and have safeguarded my full time contract. If things are still bad come September I will cross that bridge when we come to it but in the meantime I can work from home without any pressure. I'm lucky I can come to an agreement with my employer as I know many others aren't that lucky but I would advise others to talk to your employer or Union if you are worried about returning.

Well done Max68, a perfect example of a reasonable employee who was determined to stand up for his rights whilst remaining open to suggestions and the needs of your Employer! I know not everyone is in the same position and none of it is easy but I reckon you have provided some good examples of how to go about it, thank you. x

Max68

@KK123 It's a pleasure, I just hope I can help someone. I'm not an expert by any means but if anyone wants some help or advice they can always PM me and I'll do what I can.

Unions are great and they do push for the rights and I could have stood firm and insisted they paid me four days. But at the end of the day the Union doesn't have to go back to work with the employer and I think the agreement suits both parties, the relationship is still there but at the same time they know I will stand up for my rights if I need to. I'm working 6 hours really online and getting paid three days so can't grumble and others are at school so it's a fair compromise. Down £200 a month but I pay £220 a month petrol anyway when I am at school so same really. Union felt I should have fought it but I'm happy with the compromise so that's all that matters.

Reactions: LindiePops and HSSS