Anyone to chat?

Petra4.4

I am 21 years old diagnosed with type 1 about 18 years ago... Currently in a hospital bed cause of spur of a autoimmune hepatatis and newly diagnosed hypothyroidism. Feeling kind of lonely and my "healthy" friends don't get my feelings. So anyone interested in a chat?

Ross94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I was in hospital for 5 days about two weeks ago, where I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. So I have some understanding of how you must be feeling. I think it's even harder being in hospital at the moment, especially since no family or friends are allowed to visit. Thank god for Wi-Fi! Keep your spirits up and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Reactions: Ash92

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'll tag in @CelalDari to say hello.

He's also about your age & probably at a loose end right now..

Reactions: Petra4.4
C

CelalDari

I am 21 years old diagnosed with type 1 about 18 years ago... Currently in a hospital bed cause of spur of a autoimmune hepatatis and newly diagnosed hypothyroidism. Feeling kind of lonely and my "healthy" friends don't get my feelings. So anyone interested in a chat?

Hi,

So sad to hear the different autoimmune diseases piling on top of each other. Many healthy people do not understand lifelong conditions like type 1 diabetes. I had a friend of 9-10 years tell me that I would “get used to it” when first diagnosed and didn’t even get a “hope you are better” or “hope you get well”. Send a private message if you’re bored

Reactions: Petra4.4

Miriam12345

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, feel free to message me! Type 1 diabetic for 20 years, I am 26.