1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone use ozempic pen

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Sparklebrightisright, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Sparklebrightisright

Sparklebrightisright Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi to all,

I spoke to the diabetes nurse this morning and she is putting me on the ozempic diabetes once weekly injection
    To help with weightloss cannot wait to try it when it arrives hopefully i will loose some weight with it trying it for 1 month then increase after so i hope I have some sucess with it.

Will let you know how it goes if anyone used it let me know how you got on.

Sparklebrightisright

2. shamrock69

shamrock69 Type 2 · Member

I have used ozempic in the past...It was great for me and i felt it really helped me lose more weight..once a week injection is much better than similar medications being once per day.

Unfortunately I had to come off it as in rare cases can have a detrimental effect to retinopathy levels.
    I would not hesitate to use it again once my retinopathy complications are fixed

If i remember correcly,they put you on the low dose for 4 weeks..then the middle dose for 6 weeks..and if your body can tolerate it the highest dose for the rest of the time.

3. Sparklebrightisright

Sparklebrightisright Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thankyou for your reply I seem to be fine on it so hopefully will go on to the higher dose.

Sparklebrightisright.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Newly diagnosed

Newly diagnosed · Active Member

Hi! I’m due to start this injection next week, how are you finding it so far?

5. Babdicoot

Babdicoot Type 2 · Member

I've been on it for 4 months +
    I've lost around 2 stone, I can't eat a full meal anymore as i feel fuller quite quick and feel sick if I force it down.

I was put on it as my bg levels was in th 20-30 wouldn't come down with 90 units of humilin insulin twice a day, I was drinking like a fish and was hungry like a horse.

Now I'm on zero insulin, just the ozempic and I'm around 5-10 bg levels, I'm due to have my hba1c done soon

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Newly diagnosed

7. Newly diagnosed

Thank you for your reply!

8. Hi to all,

I have been on the weightloss pen since June 29 have lost 7.7kg I am still using it I received my other box the other day.
    I am also using a protien shake for breakfast 2 so that is helping I just wish I could loose the rest I have another 25kg to loose to get to where I want to be so hopefully I can manage it sooner rather than later.

Sparklebright62

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook