Anyone using CamAPX FX

PHopwood

Hi I currently have a TSlim with Control IQ it works really well for me, my TIR over the last 3 months has been 94%.
My pump end of life is July this year, I have been offered CamAPX Fx, which offered a number of advantages.

But I have a concern that the automation element of the algorithms may not be right for me, I don't want to affect my TIR, and endup with 4 years of reduced control. But I like some of the options CamAPX FX offered.

I have asked for a months trial, to see how it would work for me, but unfortunately this is not an option.

So my question is has anyone else got CamAPS FX and how do you find it.

All the best.
Peter

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Camaps it one of the best algorithms based off aaps which was around long before the likes of tandem

For me there are 2 issues 1 it's android only

2 the pump only hold 180u,

I think there is little info on camaps at the moment but if you research aaps you will get more info how it works

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Camaps it one of the best algorithms based off aaps which was around long before the likes of tandem

I think there is little info on camaps at the moment but if you research aaps you will get more info how it works
The latest info claims CamAPS FX will be IOS compatible in March 2024, but it has been two years since it was last promised in 2022. This site provides a good level of info too https://theglucoseneverlies.com/automated-insulin-delivery-systems-aids/

PHopwood

Thanks yes I have used AAPs in the past so I do understand it, but the CamAPS is a little different in the way it works. 180 units is a concern, but only when I am unwell, my daily insulin is around 52 units. So most of the time it will be OK.

There is very little information for CamAPS FX and how the algorithms works. This is why I asked for a trial.

Peter

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks yes I have used AAPs in the past so I do understand it, but the CamAPS is a little different in the way it works. 180 units is a concern, but only when I am unwell, my daily insulin is around 52 units. So most of the time it will be OK.

There is very little information for CamAPS FX and how the algorithms works. This is why I asked for a trial.

Peter
CAMAPS is categorically not based on AAPS. The model it uses is Roman Horvorka's IP and it has never been linked.

Having said that, I've trialled CamAPS and it gave me as good results as open source offerings so I don't think it's bad.

There's some info on how the algorithm works here: https://www.diabettech.com/camaps-fx/camaps-a-month-in-review/

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77 and Chas C