1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone Want To Snapchat

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by Oscar_Emms, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Oscar_Emms

Oscar_Emms · Member

Just wondering if any T1 Teens (Male/Female) wanted to chat on snapchat about Diabetes or just anything

I have been type 1 for half a year now and am starting the pump training and I could do with some guidance/reviews or recommendations any would be appreciated

*Edited by a moderator to remove ID.

#1 Oscar_Emms, Aug 16, 2018 at 1:58 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2018
  2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello and welcome @Oscar_Emms - on a safety note we do not encourage our younger forum members to share personal information as sadly some people are not who they claim to be, so we try to encourage online safety at all times. We have a wealth of experience here so if there’s anything anyone can help with please use the forum to chat to others :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Oscar_Emms

Oscar_Emms · Member

I understand and I am very careful online I have had counselling training and I deal with this stuff in my school all the time and if I were to ever ask for anyone to message me on another social media other than here I would make sure that they have been on the page for a while and have actually posted something diabetes related if I still thought it was unsafe obviously I wouldn't add them I guess I understand I just have an urge to talk to someone who is actually like me I am struggling quite a bit especially recently with learning all the pump stuff it's all very Overwhelming and I thought it would be better if I were to talk to some people; not necessarily diabetes related, so I can talk mowing that that person who is talking has gone through what I have and understand because I feel like any diabetic would but I will take your word for it. Besides all that anyone can talk to me here and anyone who would take time to just read And reply to me would be greatly appreciated

• Hug Hug x 3
  4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear you are struggling @Oscar_Emms - i think it’s safe to say a lot of us have struggled with this too, it’s a needy relentless condition to live with at times, did your counselling help in any way ?

I personally have found exercise to be a good way to manage, the fact it releases endorphins which makes me feel better is a big plus.

I also use a pump and have found this to be a big positive as it reduced my anxiety with injecting, it’s also helped with exercise as I can change my basal pattern to suit.

Feel free to chat away, we all understand what it’s like.

6. Oscar_Emms

Oscar_Emms · Member

Thanks, it's appreciated

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook