Apology

Ray B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Experience of bad control

Hello to family who were concerned about child’s poor control.
I responded about my 2/3 years of poor control and warning I was given by doctor.
The message I was trying to portray was one of our ability to come through those difficult times.
My response was well meant but probably created more fear in family than it was a reassurance.
My struggle included excess alcohol use; excess weight gain and blood glucose readings in the 40s.
Many apologies.
Ray B

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Experience of bad control

Hello to family who were concerned about child’s poor control.
I responded about my 2/3 years of poor control and warning I was given by doctor.
The message I was trying to portray was one of our ability to come through those difficult times.
My response was well meant but probably created more fear in family than it was a reassurance.
My struggle included excess alcohol use; excess weight gain and blood glucose readings in the 40s.
Many apologies.
Ray B

Hi Ray,

I'm another son of a "T1 mom." No need to apologise. I think I know what you are referencing.
We are after all, the possible "futures" of these kids. Though we are no fortune tellers.
like everyone now & again there is the odd tunnel to travel through to find light at the other end..

Best wishes. Stay safe. :)

Ray B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Ray,

I'm another son of a "T1 mom." No need to apologise. I think I know what you are referencing.
We are after all, the possible "futures" of these kids. Though we are no fortune tellers.
like everyone now & again there is the odd tunnel to travel through to find light at the other end..

Best wishes. Stay safe. :)

Many thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks

As an aside Ray, regarding hindsight as an adult.
I found the easiest option for me to get those nurses & my mum off my back as a kid was to take that glass syringe & personally bang it in my leg.
I found the patronising & hushed earnest adult tones over my head more uncomfortably longer lasting than the jabs.. :hilarious:

Reactions: Ray B