Type 2 App v browser

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I recently got a new iPad for work and yesterday I thought, why not use browser and see what the fuss is about because I always read it’s in my signature etc etc but on the app that doesn’t show,

So today actually did it and my lord, it is a whole new re are ratings for posts (who knew you could get and give hugs ] and you can see everything,

So browser is so much better. Out on the move app is fine, but I do prefer the browser.

Although it would be nice if you could see what the ratings mean. Some are self explanatory but others.
And little beggar has saved my location somehow so I’ve deleted that,
So much was on she I didn’t know and don’t like.

And I actually had thousands of notifications, on the app you occasionally get something to say a new post has been written but it’s rare, on the browser there is a button where you get told. Amazing,

I’m like a kid with a new toy

M

Member496333

Browser every time. Always with VPN and ad-blocking. I'm not keen on bloating my devices with apps. They're largely potential privacy leaks (in my view).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cana , I always use the forum via the browser on iPad and iPhone, never use the app! You may find you can use it via your browser on your phone too?
The reactions are as follows, I don’t know if they are listed anywhere?
In order left to right ‘like’ ‘agree’ ‘winner’ ‘informative’ ‘friendly’ ‘useful’ ‘optimistic’ ‘creative’ and ‘hug’ Hope that helps

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I always use the browser on my desk top not only do I find it better but also because as I have totally forgotten both my original user name and password the saved data in my browser is all that gets me logged onto the forum.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
@Cana , I always use the forum via the browser on iPad and iPhone, never use the app! You may find you can use it via your browser on your phone too?
The reactions are as follows, I don’t know if they are listed anywhere?
In order left to right ‘like’ ‘agree’ ‘winner’ ‘informative’ ‘friendly’ ‘useful’ ‘optimistic’ ‘creative’ and ‘hug’ Hope that helps

The reason I use the app is because it’s just a click. On browser you have to keep typing in and what not. Basically just laziness.

I’ll have to try it more. Wonder if I can book mark it or something.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Oh and on the app the threads are just there. In front of you.

On the browser it’s just the headings and I never know which heading is which and where to start. The app being just there means I find mine really easy and you can see others easier too.

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the browser. I bookmark the site and access through “recent posts”and don’t really use the other headings.
I access through iPad and PC and have not tried the App.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh and on the app the threads are just there. In front of you.

On the browser it’s just the headings and I never know which heading is which and where to start. The app being just there means I find mine really easy and you can see others easier too.
Navigate to New Posts and bookmark it, then you can go directly to that page next time.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use my iPad mainly. And I use the browser. It’s much easier than using the app on my iphone.

D

Deleted member 308541

I do not use Apple products, but I have tried the app out on all of my Android phones, Chromebook and it is very slow and clunky. It's definitely not user friendly.

I only use the Chrome browser because it is compatible with my desktop computers as well the phones and chromebook and every thing is in sync. Did I mention it is very fast as well...

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Remember to flip the iPad on its side to use landscape mode with the browser.
You get more (and subtly different) options.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Remember to flip the iPad on its side to use landscape mode with the browser.
You get more (and subtly different) options.
I always use my iPad in landscape but you can do that with iPhones too, you can’t see members’ signatures in portrait mode.