Apple cider vinegar for dawn phenomenon

H

Hooked

I used to use it for other health benefits and never noticed any effects on my DP to be honest.

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't heard of it being used specifically for dawn phenomenon, though it is meant to help with overall insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.

I use it for digestive issues mostly and can't point to anything specific it's done for my BG levels.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never thought to try it at bedtime, so will give that a try, thanks :)

debbiiee

@hooked.Yea thats right. Too few people in that study. Everybody are different & its worth give a try bcos apple cider vinegar has a stabilizing effect on blood glucose levels:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

H

Hooked

@hooked.Yea thats right. Too few people in that study. Everybody are different & its worth give a try bcos apple cider vinegar has a stabilizing effect on blood glucose levels:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
As I say. I used it before for other health benefits and never seen any effect on my blood glucose levels.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Hi,
I use apple cider vinegar of an evening sometimes for other reasons-if I am craving late evening snacks or something sweet, I have 2 teaspoons of it. I actually quite like it - the sharp acidic taste seems to satisfy an odd taste sensation I desire (I do like weird things)! I think it might help my fasting levels a bit but ultimately it's about what I've eaten the day before and alcohol seems to effect them much more than vinegar does.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didn't read any further than the fact that only 11 people took part in the study tbh. Too few a number to draw any real conclusions from.
Every study has to start somewhere and thus is a typical size for a first study. You don't get to do big studies unless you succeed in little ones first. And it's better evidence than just anecdotal evidence.

I have no opinion re the vinegar by the way.

fansy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
I use apple cider vinegar of an evening sometimes for other reasons-if I am craving late evening snacks or something sweet, I have 2 teaspoons of it. I actually quite like it - the sharp acidic taste seems to satisfy an odd taste sensation I desire (I do like weird things)! I think it might help my fasting levels a bit but ultimately it's about what I've eaten the day before and alcohol seems to effect them much more than vinegar does.
I also like weird things :) ACV can be bad for your teeth( acid), if you drink it trough a straw it will help.