Apple cider vinegar. Yuk.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love pickled onions so I took the onions pickled in a chilli vinegar, and added in a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and some apple cider vinegar - strangely the resulting liquid is actually quite drinkable neat !

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also reduces appetite
Apple cider vinegar is high in Acetic Acid which suppresses your appetite, increases your metabolism, and reduces water retention. And may help keep your blood sugar levels balanced even helps lower cholesterol.

IF you believe everything you read it will also cure bad breath, whiten your teeth and help you loose weight too. ;)
Oh yeah it also cures gout.
:bag:

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to know if anyone has managed to completely take the taste away?
It must be good for you if it tastes bad.:hungover:

I drink it as I read among other things is contains magnesium which is good for the liver.
As far as taste goes not a big issue, I add it to a bottle of water and just sip away at it all day. It helps keep me hydrated and suppresses my appetite but then water does that all by itself so no proof on if the ACV is helping or not. ;)

If your not using it as I am, would it be better to cowboy up and main line a spoon full of the pure stuff and wash away the taste with any thing you like. :***:

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find that simply diluting it with plain ol' tap water does the trick
Sorry I don't have the evidence to hand on this but.

Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains magnesium, which increases bile acid in the gall bladder, which lowers the free cholesterols in the blood removing it as you pee it out.
During a fasting state the the bile acid is more concentrated, (I remember reading) and this is one of the reason to drink ACV in the mornings your getting the most bang for your buck.

Magnesium is an electrolytes, so I drink it with a sports water(electrolytes). I figured I am getting a double whamy this way.
My reasoning el + el = doing much more work with no added effort by me.
Seems to make sense. ;)

garryjoshi

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Regardless of the awful taste I drink it every Sunday. You will get used to it.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If your not using it as I am, would it be better to cowboy up and main line a spoon full of the pure stuff and wash away the taste with any thing you like. :***:
Did that. A following spoonful of it is good for hiccups....

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hold my nose and take one glug just like when my Mum made us swallow cod liver oil!!!! Then I eat a mouthful of whatever I'm about to consume.