1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by gunner10, Feb 15, 2017.

1. gunner10

gunner10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Gang
    This my have been asked before !! Does anyone on here with T2 use Apple Cider Vinegar before bed time to avoid the dawn phenomenon ?

I eagerly await your replies !!

Thanks Gunner 10

2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

3. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nicksu

Nicksu Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Its been a well known aid to sugar control for a long time. BTW has anyone used this for cholesterol control/improvement? My docs are bleating about statins and I'm reluctant to take them since I have not long ago managed to get off any diabetes meds.

5. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

It claims to be able to reduce cholesterol as well as blood sugars.

I have tried it before meals but it didn't seem to make any difference. I don't need it at bedtime as I don't get any dawn phenomenon overnight, and have cured my annoying rise between getting up and lunch time by skipping breakfast and having a coffee with plenty of cream.

6. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I gave it a try for a couple of days, but my GP phoned me and told me stop drinking ACV as it can interfere with the Digoxin heart medication I take and causing problems.

I was just getting used to the taste as well.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook