Apple Cider Vinegar

CUILLIN

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Work,
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone on the Forum who has tried using apple cider vinegar to help lower blood sugars. I have been reading about all the health benifits of using it, including reducing BG and it seems to be a sort of wonder product. Having bought some, it is still sitting unopened as there is no guidance information on when or how to take it. I would welcome any feedback.
Thanks Kate :confused:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take it as a digestion aid, though recently not as consistently and am finding my postprandial BG is staying higher for longer than when I was taking the ACV. The usual recommended dose is 1 tablespoon before/after each meal. Some people use it at bedtime too to try and help with Dawn Phenomenon.

I usually drink it as a shot glass followed by water as I find drinking it diluted in water or tea makes my teeth more sensitive.

CUILLIN

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Work,
Hi Indy51, Thanks for your response, much appreciated and will give the cider a go, kate;)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Cinnamon and turmeric are said to have a similar affect too.

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read that it will only work if the food that you are about to eat is in the high carb category but won't make a difference if it is in the low category.

rag01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use unpasturised Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother (unfiltered) as the taste it is more palatable for me: I take 1 tablespoon in a shot glass topped-up with warm water then follow with another shot glass of warm water to clear the palate. I take this at lunchtime only (before lunch) and this seems to carry me thru for 24 hours: I am a type 2, diet only, low carb for the last 12 years: bake and cook all foods from scratch and buy very few pre-processed foods and these are ingredient checked:

Reactions: 2 people

CUILLIN

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Work,
Thank you all for your response to my query, I have now started taking the apple cider vinegar, so I will let you know how it does, cheers Kate x

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
I've been using ACV for the last 15+ years to stave off gout. I didn't realise it had an effect on BG. Perhaps that's helped me to stay off meds since I was diagnosed over 10yrs ago?