Apple peal

A

Anonymous

Whilst watching that Eat, Fast ... programme on BBC2 last night, the chap following the very low calorie diet was peeling an apple and eating the skin only. He said something about the rest of it being full of sugar.

Is Apple peal something that I could eat I wonder (yes I know I know - test, eat to your meter etc etc) - but what is the likely outcome? How many carbs in the peal do you think?

S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
swimmer2 said:
Whilst watching that Eat, Fast ... programme on BBC2 last night, the chap following the very low calorie diet was peeling an apple and eating the skin only. He said something about the rest of it being full of sugar.

Is Apple peal something that I could eat I wonder (yes I know I know - test, eat to your meter etc etc) - but what is the likely outcome? How many carbs in the peal do you think?

S

Hi swimmer I was thinking that too. As I am Type 1 and I carb count, I would eat all of the delicious apple ( and I'm having one with my luch soon) with thw peel on. Did you see the size of the bowl and ALL that fruit in it ? :eek: that was alot. RRB

hallii

I know fruit has sugar in it, but I have found that eating an apple does not make a great difference to my BGs, fructose, the sugar in fruit is not the same as glucose or sucrose. So you might try eating an apple and testing, you might find, like me, that it is OK.

To much fructose is not good for you, so drinks or foods sweetened with fructose should be avoided.

H

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately I already know that I can't eat an apple without spiking..

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI, :)

It has been said "a apple a day and be sure to eat the seeds". :(

They recon the small amount of cyanide contained in the seeds can kill cancer cells. :?

Yet it is said never give a dog apple seeds. : :sick:

We also must ensure the apple skins are properly cleaned prior to eating. :mrgreen:

Probably a small bramley apple is best. :D

Roy. :)