Apple Watch UK - G5

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I, like others I am sure, have been disappointed to find out that Dexcom do not currently provide Apple Watch compatibility for their app outside of the US (at least not in the UK).

I've just seen that a third party app, Sugarmate, is available outside of the US as of late February 2017. Has anyone tried this in the UK with an Apple Watch and, if so, how did you find it?

Thanks

Reactions: glavesr

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I, like others I am sure, have been disappointed to find out that Dexcom do not currently provide Apple Watch compatibility for their app outside of the US (at least not in the UK).

I've just seen that a third party app, Sugarmate, is available outside of the US as of late February 2017. Has anyone tried this in the UK with an Apple Watch and, if so, how did you find it?

Thanks

I've just looked, and Sugarmate is a free app, so why not just download it and try it out?

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have but do not currently have an Apple Watch. I would likely buy one though if the app works as intended.

It seems to sync pretty much exactly with my Dexcom app without a delay. I see no reason why it shouldn't follow through to the watch but it would be helpful if anyone is able to confirm.

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
In case anyone is interested, I went ahead and tried it out. Seems to work well so far, updating onto the watch pretty much instantly. Image attached. It does show the trending arrow next to the glucose number when there is one.

Attachments

• Watch SS.png
    Watch SS.png
    535.7 KB · Views: 233