Sugarmate Apple Watch App

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been waiting on this one, Sugarmate was US only until the other day.

If you have a Dexcom g5 you set the share to one of the followers and thats it. The app itself is rather good (see screenshot - and don't worry about the numbers the Dexcom sensor has been on its last legs the last few days and kicked it today).

You can set a few options not present on Dexcom such as alert if high than normal for an hour ... etc. You can also get an automated phone call if your numbers hit extremely low numbers (ideal for those who sleep through nighttime hypos).

But the best feature is the apple watch integration. Its rather clever and doesn't have a complication on the watch (yes that what they are called) but lists a calendar entry. This sounds odd but it complications only refresh every 15 minutes (including the official Dex one). Calendar refreshes instantly, so you always get the latest reading. So really handy for those UK people who have been waiting on the watch app for too long.

Best of all its free, and side note I have no ties to links or the company.

Attachments

• IMG_2450.PNG
    IMG_2450.PNG
    21.5 KB · Views: 817
  • IMG_2449.PNG
    IMG_2449.PNG
    63.4 KB · Views: 792

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for posting this :). The App looks good.
I'm in Australia and was disappointed that there was nothing compatible with dexcom and the apple watch in Australia.
I have just installed the Sugarmate app and can now read my blood sugar on the watch. Very exciting.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This is very informative and a good step for T1'a on the convenience side. I am a little disappointed with Apple and the like who dangled blood sugar readings as a built in feature years ago - maybe it is not so easy with skin sensors, this would have got this IT guy switching to Apple.