Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hello everyone,

I have noticed an increase in allergic reaction to some of my meds. I don't have a history of many allergies, except to antihypertensives (possibly due to interaction with other drugs) and antibiotics.
But I have noticed an increase and intensity in the past couple of years; maybe even earlier at a slow, unnoticeable progression.

Has anyone on the forum noticed a relationship between diabetes and allergies, if on insulin and gliclazide for example?

Cheers
Erin

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have not noticed any allergies since starting insulin over 15 years ago.
I get occasional hay fever but that seems to coincide with very high pollen counts.
A few years ago my histamine played havoc after a bout of bed bugs (from a hotel bed) but a load of strong, not over-the-counter anti histamine tablets put pay to that and I react much less to insect bites now.
Definitely, no allergy to drugs, thankfully.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have not noticed any allergies since starting insulin over 15 years ago.
I get occasional hay fever but that seems to coincide with very high pollen counts.
A few years ago my histamine played havoc after a bout of bed bugs (from a hotel bed) but a load of strong, not over-the-counter anti histamine tablets put pay to that and I react much less to insect bites now.
Definitely, no allergy to drugs, thankfully.

Bed bugs! Why did it have to be bed bugs? I do have an OTC REACTIVE product, which contains antihistamines, and I try that. I was just wondering why there has been a change in me. Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: In Response

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bed bugs! Why did it have to be bed bugs?
Afterwards, with over 20 bites on each hand (plus more all over my body), I asked the hotel the same question but they did not respond.
I had a very itchy weekend but it calmed down until something else bit me on my cheek a couple of months later and discovered my over active histamines when my cheek swelled up so much I couldn’t see through one eye. And why did that happen the day before I was presenting a two day training course?

I hope you get to the bottom of your allergies.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afterwards, with over 20 bites on each hand (plus more all over my body), I asked the hotel the same question but they did not respond.
I had a very itchy weekend but it calmed down until something else bit me on my cheek a couple of months later and discovered my over active histamines when my cheek swelled up so much I couldn’t see through one eye. And why did that happen the day before I was presenting a two day training course?

I hope you get to the bottom of your allergies.

Not staying at Trump Tower, surely; Your experience sound AWFUL. Couldn't you move to another hotel? What kind of training did you do? I hope it's all over now

Reactions: In Response

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not staying at Trump Tower, surely; Your experience sound AWFUL. Couldn't you move to another hotel? What kind of training did you do? I hope it's all over now
I only stayed one night … and it was in Stockholm with no Trumpish influence,
I was training how to use and develop a software tool. At least it was classroom based.
And, thankfully, it was a miner of years ago so all over now.