1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Are there any symptoms when sudden blood sugar rises?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by HICHAM_T2, Dec 1, 2018.

1. HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, Happy day
    My question is very clear. I hope that someone will share with me about his experience
    Diabetes symptoms are known almost all diabetics
    But these symptoms may disappear when the patient controls the rate of diabetes for a long time
    But this certainly will not prevent the sudden rise in blood sugar after eating a large amount of carbohydrates.
    My question is as follows
    What do you feel when your blood sugar More than his habit

2. Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi @HICHAM_T2 The most common sympton I would experience when I was a Type1 would be very bad attacks of diarrhoea and foul tasting belches. I would feel extra trembly as though I had too much Adrenaline. All this would stop once my sugar came down to a good and consistent level. Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

Before diagnosis, my symptoms were the long list typical of endocrine conditions. Most of which I unaware that I had.
    After diagnosis, and getting really good control of my blood glucose levels, my hypo/hyper awareness became very acute.
    So if I now come out of ketosis or my blood glucose levels rise or lower out of normal or near normal range, then the symptoms even though they are not as severe, start.
    Typically, headache behind the eyes, sweating, trembling, blurred vision. My body starts to ache, anxiety levels go up, I get dizzy, disoriented and tired. My energy levels dip, and I go really hungry.
    I'm so glad, that I don't often go out of ketosis!

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Thank you very much for sharing your experiences

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook