are there anymore young peeps with type 2 here

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi im chloe i was diagnosed 17th of feb this year i have type 2 and i just wondered if there is anyone else close to my age with t2? my doc keeps telling me that its unusual for me to have type 2 at 20 as im not obese and now i feel alone as i dont know anyone my age who has t2 anyone else?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
There are quite a few young diabetics on here.I'm sure they will be in touch once they get back on the new board!!

sofaraway

it is unusual to be diagnosed that young with type 2 especially with not being overweight, although not impossible.
Would be interested to know what test they did to confirm diagnosis?
Have you looked into the type 1.5's?
many people are misdiagnosed when they infact have something called LADA- it's esentially a slower onset type 1, sometimes it can be controlled initially with tablets but people generally end up on insulin within months/couple of years.
If you have a family hist ory of diabetes, MODY might beworth looking into, this is a genetic type of diabetes, (which can present to look like type 2, or even type 1 in some cases).

I understand how hard it is to not 'fit in', when I was diagnosed i was 15 and was controlled wit diet and then oral meds, I didn't fit in with the people my age and the people with similar treatment types were loads older than me. So I get where you are coming from.

hope you can find the support you need here