Are UK GPs finally waking up to the importance of Vitamin D?

goji

There's a good article this week in the GP magazine Pulse on Vitamin D and cardiovascular health. Unfortunately you have to register to read it...
http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/story.asp?s ... 122427&c=1

Don't know if I can reprint it in its entirety on here due to copyright but I thought the last couple of paragraphs sum up the current situation very well.....

"So, we have a vital substance that is at suboptimal levels in many people. This is especially true in the winter months and in the immigrant population, who tend to have worse health outcomes than the surrounding population.

It can easily be measured. It can be very simply, and cheaply, treated. And when treated it has a significant impact on overall and cardiovascular mortality. Yet it appears in no guidelines and receives almost no attention whatsoever."

Goji :)

ps. I know it's not strictly diabetes-related but all of us diabetics are at a greater risk of cardiovascular problems than the general population.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thanks for reminding me that I've run out of Vit D tablets

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
goji.

Do a search top right on Vit D. You will find lots of previous discussions and info for and against supplements of Vit D.