Are you allowed Cereal?

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I occasionally have porridge made with almond milk and cinnamon. However, I have figured out that if I have any carb at all at breakfast time I set up carb cravings for the rest of the day. If I just have something like scrambled eggs and smoked salmon this does not seem to happen. I have done this enough times for the results to be statistically valid! And I still go ahead and make the same mistake......

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi, not posted for a while but still look in from time to time and this question intrigued me as I eat cereal most mornings but I know what I can and cant eat in what portions.

Do you test everything you eat and if not why not?

I learned early on that I could eat 16g of cornflakes with a dash of milk, thats like one of those individual boxes that kids like, but from regular testing I found out that I was able to eat this without any large spike in my BG and that is the key, no one can know or tell you what you can or cant eat, you need to find out by testing every meal before and 2 hours after eating and each time you eat that particular meal you need to adjust the carbs down or up accordingly so that your BG is returning to postprandial readings within the 2 hour mark.

Reactions: Daphne917

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think it is each to his own. I’ve just had my latest hba1c at 5.7. Always have shredded wheat or weetabix and 1 alike of burgen toast. Maybe I tolerate wheat! Just test and test